Mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mats

God I hate computers, 3 times I have missed out on some nice hilux mats for the Surf on Ebay due to a slow, dumb ass dial up connection, just cannot compete with guys on broadband. Sorry about that rant, has anyone got any they would like to flog, either blue or grey will be good

try these guys www.silverlakeautoparts.co.uk
    ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Originally posted by sim
      God I hate computers, 3 times I have missed out on some nice hilux mats for the Surf on Ebay due to a slow, dumb ass dial up connection, just cannot compete with guys on broadband. Sorry about that rant, has anyone got any they would like to flog, either blue or grey will be good
      I've only just learned the secret (I think) I get the page up, near the end of the auction and keep refreshing every couple of minutes, then pounce.
      Some guys out there are using proxy bidding software. I can't remember the name of it but it bids on your behalf and it's damned quick by all accounts.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        I've only just learned the secret (I think) I get the page up, near the end of the auction and keep refreshing every couple of minutes, then pounce.
        Some guys out there are using proxy bidding software. I can't remember the name of it but it bids on your behalf and it's damned quick by all accounts.
        If you refresh at 7-8 secs then bid you should be ok
        That software gets me though somtimes!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Auto bidding with 5 seconds to go

I use a piece of software called auction sniper. Bids for you at 5 seconds. Lets you place the bids any time during the auction and then off you go and do something muddy and forget about it. It does cost you $0.25 (15p) if you win, but it sure does bring a smile to your face when you snipe two people who have been fighting over something all week.
          Visit www.auctionsniper.com and let them know I sent you (thedustyattic_co_uk) so I can earn some free snipes ;-)

Cheers

Jon

Comment

so if i bid in the last 3 secs I should beat you and your snipy snipes?
            Tim

Comment

sniping

Ah, but I can set my snipes at 2 seconds or even 1;-)

Comment

so why dont you always have it at 1 sec...? or am i being naive
                Tim

Comment

1 second

1 second is not that long you know.
                  The suggested setting is 5 as there are sometimes lag differences between computers sending and receiving data.
                  I guess it takes a couple of seconds for auction sniper to log as me and place my bid and at busy times it may have to try a couple of times.
                  I often check to see how accurate it has bid and at a setting of 5 seconds ive had variations from 1 second up to 8 seconds. Ive also had bids fail because they have not been placed in time, so I guess the system is not bullet proof.

Comment

Working...
                  X