Sunroof Unit for KZN185

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof Unit for KZN185

Help! My sunroof just blew off! Currently near Huntly Aberdeenshire. My sunroof has never been used. Bought the car last May from former owner Flipflop. He said he never used the sunroof and it was stuck shut. And sure enough it was till it flew off the car today. Never saw where it went though. Had the wife holding into the sliding shutter while I limped back home! So now there is some plastic sheeting protecting the hole from sleet and snow.

Anyone have or know where I can get a sunroof plus unit? To fit a '96 KZN185
    Attached Files
    Surf's up dude!

OMG...that is bizarre!
    Ok, I think your best bet would be a breaker's yard, if you want to retain its workings. If you're not bothered about having a working mechanism then I'm sure someone could make you a 'fixed' one, out of glass or fibreglass, and then keep in place with a rubber seal.
    Good luck
    Last edited by tashtego; 22 February 2015, 16:20.

Comment

Well good news. I went back up the hill with the wife holding the inner roof slide shut. Wandered round the area and found the sunroof in a field. Went to a local garage this morning and he gave me some Tiger Sealant. So just about to go glue the sunroof back in place. Looking at the runners makes me think it was a wee bit corroded!

Yikes! Oh ma heed!
      Attached Files
      Surf's up dude!

Comment

Working...
      X