16" alloys wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16" alloys wanted

Was all set to buy some steelies, but weight wise maybe not a great idea, so was wondering if anyone had a set...a few...or better still five 16" alloys for sale.

Cheers guys..
    .... Which was nice.

I don't supose you know what the weight difference is?

On a practical note, steel does have the advantage of being fixable with a hammer when you bend it...
    Last edited by andyverran; 13 May 2014, 21:57.

Comment

Can't give you exact weights but I just fitted my 16" steels with 32s and compared to the std ones they are Fookin heavy 😊

Comment

Wildly different tyre weights there though...
        I was thinking of getting steels when my tyres wear out, I figured if like for like was only a couple of Kg then no big deal and I'd save the extra weight somewhere else, like leaving the spare at home

Comment

Any good? The tyres are just about legal there 16s and I've got a set of 4!

And I'll throw in my measuring can!
          Attached Files

Comment

alloys

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=81835

Here you go. Set of cheap alloys.

Comment

Originally posted by 12callum View Post
              Any good? The tyres are just about legal there 16s and I've got a set of 4!

And I'll throw in my measuring can!
              How much you want for them?? I maybe able to collect. I will be sticking new tyres on anyway. One thing I need to know, could you use you measuring can (or a tape measure.) and let me know the depth of the spokes. I need to know this as I have a high lift mate which hooks onto the spokes to jack the wheels up when stuck in sand, mud etc....thanks

As for weight, there is a big differance although steels can be repaired I need to save as much weight as possible...the truck is fully loaded up!
              Last edited by Overland Tonka; 14 May 2014, 15:26.
              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=81835

Here you go. Set of cheap alloys.

Nice thanks for the link....will wait for a price on the others as well.
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

I'm not sure what there worth to be honest! I can get the measurements for you tomorrow morning as there stored up the farm! If your still interested we can go from there! How does that sound?

Comment

I'm not sure what there worth to be honest! I can get the measurements for you tomorrow morning as there stored up the farm! If your still interested we can go from there! How does that sound?
                    Sounds good....sorry to be a pain, but I need the measurement as I have to be sure the hook on the high lift jack will hook onto the spokes for lifting.

Cheers Kev.
                    .... Which was nice.

Comment

I have a set of 5 3rd Gen 16s, they are very scruffy, 2 have newish renouls A/Ts and two have part worn Yokom A/Ts, the share is unshod.

Worth £200?
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Ok measurements are 1.5 inch deep, 3inch long, and 5 inch from spoke to spoke if that makes sense! Sorry it took so long.

Let me know bud.

Comment

Ok measurements are 1.5 inch deep, 3inch long, and 5 inch from spoke to spoke if that makes sense! Sorry it took so long.

Let me know bud.
                          That all sounds good...the measurement I'm interested in is the one if you look at the wheel it's the size of the spoke from front to back...imagine you have to put a hook under two spokes to lift the truck..I guess it could be your measurement 1.5 inch deep??

If we can sort a price, great. The only problem is I'm inbflorida for a month, so collection would be on my return if that's ok... Cheers.
                          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                            I have a set of 5 3rd Gen 16s, they are very scruffy, 2 have newish renouls A/Ts and two have part worn Yokom A/Ts, the share is unshod.

Worth £200?
                            Thanks for the reply...you are nearer to me, but I will deal with the other guy first and if not I will be in touch with you....not too bothered about condition ad long as they are strong and not damaged. Cheers
                            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Hello mate, yes the spokes are 1.5 inches front to back, I'm up there again tomorrow so I'll take another pick with the tape measure so you can make sure your happy! If you want any others while I'm there let me know?
                              I'm in no hurry so you can pick them up when you like, whenever suits you, I'm looking for about £160 for the set of 4.

Cheers

John

Comment

Working...
                              X