Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapered Wheel Nuts

Hi
    Does anyone have a set (or part) of Tapered Wheel nuts standard M12 x 1.5 that they could sell me ??

Thanks

Your after some standard wheel nuts?

got a bag of them someplace if so...

Comment

Im after some tapered wheel nuts - standard size. The standard wheels take a flat face nut, which I already have but Im fitting some after market alloys which require a tapered nut.
      Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

OK...

I seem to recal there used to be dished collars/washers for that sort of thing...back in the day.

Comment

Update - found this supplier - JJT Wheels in Kilmarnock. 20 black 60 degree
          tapered nuts and 4 locking nuts - £39.99 delivered.

I dont think it would be possible to use the original flat washers at all on tapered
          fittings as the original nuts are sleeved and wont actually fit through the stud holes on the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by talktorque View Post
            I dont think it would be possible to use the original flat washers at all on tapered
            fittings as the original nuts are sleeved and wont actually fit through the stud holes on the wheels.
            I think you may have miss understood me...I wasn't suggesting using any old flat washer...I was referring to a part for the purpose which is tapered one side and flat the other and looks like a chuncky washer.

Comment

I think I understand the principle of using shaped washers but unfortunately in this case the wheel stud hole sizes on the after market wheels are a smaller diameter than the standard wheels stud hole and the wheel nuts with flat washers have
              a sleeve which means they are too wide fit through the smaller diameter stud holes in the aftermarket wheels and so cannot mate up to the wheel stud and be tightened. I hope this makes sense!

Comment

Andy

What he is saying is, the originals are too wide for the stud hole on the new rims
                and won't reach the stud, let alone the taper at the bottom of the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                  Andy

What he is saying is, the originals are too wide for the stud hole on the new rims
                  and won't reach the stud, let alone the taper at the bottom of the hole
                  ah...got it!

Comment

There are loads on Ebay dude!
                    Second hand and new.
                    All you need are universal alloy wheel nuts.

I think you are looking at about £1.30 ish each, but there are cheaper if you look hard enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X