Light bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light bar

Looking for a light bar for my 3rd gen surf no roof gutters.

Thanks

We're looking for new members who introduce themselves first and ask questions later.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      We're looking for new members who introduce themselves first and ask questions later.
      Haha! My apologies,

Well I'm from Salisbury

I currently own a 3rd gen 96' 3.0 TD surf pics to follow soon.

I'm pretty new to the 4x4 scene and looking forward to meeting new mates that enjoy the hobby as much as I'm starting to.

I will say that I'm a freight forwarder and can easily get things moved up and down the country with relative ease along with any international freight.

That's pretty much it really.

Comment

Originally posted by Dweazell View Post
        Haha! My apologies,

Well I'm from Salisbury

I currently own a 3rd gen 96' 3.0 TD surf pics to follow soon.

I'm pretty new to the 4x4 scene and looking forward to meeting new mates that enjoy the hobby as much as I'm starting to.

I will say that I'm a freight forwarder and can easily get things moved up and down the country with relative ease along with any international freight.

That's pretty much it really.
        Another Surf owner from Wiltshire
        You should pop over to the General section and say hello there
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. If your handy you could make one. Mine was made by a forum member using a thule bar. Any excuse for a pic

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
            Welcome to the forum. If your handy you could make one. Mine was made by a forum member using a thule bar. Any excuse for a pic
            That looks awesome!

How much was it?

Where did you get your fender flares from?

Hey thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks. Truth be told I bought the light bar 2nd hand of a Scottish forum member. It's now in the garage as I fitted a roof rack and mounted lights on it instead. I think Apache made it originally.
              As for the extensions, all the lift work was done by the previous owner but I have seen the wheel arch extensions on ebay.
              You will find that the 3rg gen is very capable of road as well, or just go shiney. Either way have fun and keep us posted
              sorry, I should add that Bushwhacker makes an excellent set of 3rd gen roof bars which is a start.
              Last edited by Black Sheep; 30 November 2013, 00:30.

Comment

Hey I believe you can make a good set of roof bars for the 3rd gen? What's the damage for a pair?

Thanks

Comment

Does that bar just clamp inside the door shuts? If so do you have a make and model of it as i'd like to make one for my gen 3 using similar components.

Comment

Originally posted by Justjoe90 View Post
                    Does that bar just clamp inside the door shuts? If so do you have a make and model of it as i'd like to make one for my gen 3 using similar components.
                    Yes it clamps inside the door. All I know its a thule. If you do a search I recall someone posting the thule parts for a 3rd gen.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
                      Thanks. Truth be told I bought the light bar 2nd hand of a Scottish forum member. It's now in the garage as I fitted a roof rack and mounted lights on it instead. I think Apache made it originally.
                      As for the extensions, all the lift work was done by the previous owner but I have seen the wheel arch extensions on ebay.
                      You will find that the 3rg gen is very capable of road as well, or just go shiney. Either way have fun and keep us posted
                      sorry, I should add that Bushwhacker makes an excellent set of 3rd gen roof bars which is a start.
                      Would you like to sell your old light bar?

Comment

Bushwacker do you still make roof bars for the 3rd gen?

Comment

Originally posted by Dweazell View Post
                          Bushwacker do you still make roof bars for the 3rd gen?

Yes mate, they're £65 for a pair, delivered.

They are removable and can be positioned anywhere along the roof rails.
                          Attached Files

Comment

All though lying spare I would recommend Vince's roofbars. They give you more options for what to do. As mentioned I went for a roof rack with a couple of spots. Have a look here to get an idea. http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=80685

Comment

Yes mate, they're £65 for a pair, delivered.

They are removable and can be positioned anywhere along the roof rails.
                              Awesome do you accept PayPal? What's the lead time on them?

Thanks I really appreciate your help

Comment

Working...
                              X