Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine wanted

Hi All,

I'm a long time lurker here and have garnered many useful tidbits from this forum since I found it first.

Due to my own incompetence I now find myself needing a replacement engine for my much loved 2LTE LN130. What did I do? Well, let's just say that I will never forget to replace the coolant cap before a 30 mile drive ever again.

So, where do I find a 2.4 or a 2.8 these days? I know they are becoming relatively hard to find. What other models carry the same engines? Previa/Estima, Dyna, Hiace, etc?

All the ancilliaries (alternator, turbo, pump, etc) are fine so what I need is the block and head - the heavy stuff.

To make it even more fun, I'm based in Dublin so I'll have to get it shipped if I can't find what I need over here and I'm skint so it'll have to stay parked up for a while until I can afford the bits.

Thanks for reading!

Dave.

P.S.: I really want to put a Lexus 4.0L in it but I know I really really can't afford it

got one!
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

and welcome!
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
        and welcome!
        Thanks!

You have PM by the way.

Comment

Are you still looking for an LN-130 engine?

Comment

I am, but I'm still trying to save up for it. I'm driving my 30 year old X1/9 in the meantime, which is great in the current weather but it can't carry much.
            Last edited by J20; 25 July 2013, 07:14.

Comment

I have (sorned) a '91 LN130 with 116611 kms on the clock - prior to sorn I replaced all the seats with those from a donor vehicle that had been imported (written-off) for spares - the donor vehicle had only done 2,500 kms & was originally imported by a friend for the engine.

It has Berg split-rims with Kumho Powerguard AT 31x11.50R15 tyres that have only seen 800 miles.

It has stood for 6 years & needs to go - you can take the entire vehicle for £300 - you will need to arrange for collection but being as I'm in North Wales it's only a ferry trip away.

I have already scrapped one LN130 this year & it would be a shame to let this particular low mileage example go the same way.

Back in the day (12 years ago) the UK Hilux Surf Owners forum was moderated & run by myself - I supplied many parts for owners, up & down the country, all at absolutely no profit going to myself.
              Last edited by Tig; 25 July 2013, 23:32.

Comment

I have a good 3.0 1KZ sitting here going spare with ECU and all ancillaries...

Edit: Oh, you are the other side of some water...
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Karma supra. Im after an engine ....

Can u mail me
                  James (at) jwallace (dot) org (dot) uk

Cheers

Comment

Whereabouts in north Wales (nearest town, etc). I can get a quote to have it collected.

I still won't be able to do this for a little while yet though - money's beyond tight.

Comment

Originally posted by J20 View Post
                      Whereabouts in north Wales (nearest town, etc). I can get a quote to have it collected.

I still won't be able to do this for a little while yet though - money's beyond tight.
                      I'm in the heart of Flintshire, around 80 miles from Holyhead - no rush ATM but I'd like really to see it gone - I got a scrap collection/payout for my other LN130 but that had been run into the ground.

Comment

Working...
                      X