Rear window motor wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window motor wanted.

Hello, i'm after a rear window motor for a 2nd gen. Mine is struggling to get up and down. I don't mean to sound tightarse but it needs to be as cheap as possible.
    I've tried local scrapyards, and ebay breakers for other Toyotas with motors that might fit but had no joy.
    Thanks

It's not the motor, the linkage and seals need lubricating.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks, i've already used lithium grease on the mechanism and silicone spray on the rubber guides. I've lightly sanded, used kurust and painted the runners, before using the lithium grease on them, but it's still struggling.
      Is there any part of the mechanism i've missed?

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
        Is there any part of the mechanism i've missed?
        The motor?

Generally, a motor either works or it doesn't. Toyota window motors tend to work fine but shear their internal drive mechanism.

Kurust and paint will have made the runners smaller/tighter, maybe it's that?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I don't think it's the runners as it acted the same before, during and after I did the runners. Greasing the mechanism helped alot but it's slowly got worse again. I had the same issue with my last surf and replacing the motor cured the problem which is the reason I thought it could be that again.

Comment

The bonding on the rubber disc that joins the motor to the drive plate has probably failed.

Send it to me, I'll fix it and return it to you.

If you fancy saving postage and time you can do it yourself.

Check HERE then HERE.

Thanks,

Ray.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Thanks very much for the offer, but if the rubber disc has come apart from the metal drive plate then would the window not work at all?
              My window does go up and down via the motor but struggles in the way up especially.
              Also i've read that the person who had the truck before me may have performed this mod already, but I haven't checked thoroughly yet.
              Thanks

Comment

The rubber grips on metal quite well and it has 3 little raised parts on it that go against the metal disc.

Mine was completely separate in terms of bonding but the window was slow and kept getting stuck so it is a slow process, you'd have to wear away a lot of rubber for it not to work at all!

It's sandwiched, metal disc -> rubber disc -> drive plate. I bolt the lot together and then it will NEVER* fail again!

*With the same problem.

The offer still stands if you want it?
                Last edited by lord_flashart; 4 March 2011, 13:54.

Comment

I have no idea how to carry out the repair you've just mentioned but mine has been starting to have the same problem recently. It's just the top couple of inches it struggles with. I was thinking I'd need to get a new motor for it too.

I'll just have to find someone local who's handy at doing that stuff. I just don't get the time or have a clue what I'm doing!
                  It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

That's exactly what happened to mine.

It's going to be the rubber bush.

Comment

Well it looks as if I've sorted it now thankyou for all the replies and offers of help.
                      Took the motor apart and the mod His Lordship Flashheart mentioned had already been carried out by someone in the past, however the seals that stop water ingress had been broken and not replaced, so it had quite alot of muck in it.
                      So stripped it down and thoroughly cleaned every component, regreased everything and reassembled but sealed the motor and drive parts and now it's as good as new.
                      Thanks

Comment

In that case I admit to being wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
                          In that case I admit to being wrong.

im glad you were thou as mine is sluggish, and i now know how to fix it

Comment

Working...
                          X