KZN130 Cylinder Head wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN130 Cylinder Head wanted

Cylinder head for a KZN130 wanted P-L-E-A-S-E !! Gutted the surfs off the roads for the first time in Y-E-A-R-S
    Cracked between the valves, must have breached into the water and pressurized it, cause there was bucket loads of truck froth coming out the expansion tank :/
    Dont wanna be pulling the head off again, so a decent one please
    ( im probably asking for rocking horse s**t here lol )
    Thanks anyways Guys!
    K

Are you asking for a second hand one!

Comment

I used one from Motorcast, £350 + vat, seems decent enough, nice casting from Spain apparently! Found them on the internet, also found them recommended on a couple of forums when searching.

Comment

Originally posted by childishlysimple View Post
        I used one from Motorcast, £350 + vat, seems decent enough, nice casting from Spain apparently! Found them on the internet, also found them recommended on a couple of forums when searching.
        nice one for that, recon that maybe just what im looking for
        i wondered what you went for in the end after reading ur thread
        did u rebuild it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Are you asking for a second hand one!
          Sha'mae! umm well i WAS thinking about getting a decent second hand one yes.. but it seems to be such an issue.. the OEM ones must be sh1te so probably better off with a pattern ..

Comment

Didn't fit it myself, however my mechanic is a nice chap and let me 'help'. He knocked the price down and I got some spanner experience! I'm a carpenter normally, but I reckon if it went again I'd do it myself.

Lots of pictures and several large boxes to put the bits in, in an orderly fashion. Nothing tricky about it if you have access to the right tools, and a bit of patience. A hand taking the head off and on doesn't go amiss though!

Motorcast were good to deal with, delivery and pick up were speedy. Just remember to take the half moon insert out of the old head and put it in the new one! It lives at the back of the head by the bulkhead on the level of the camshaft. The only way you can tell its not there once the heads on, is when it spits a couple of litres of oil all over the shop!

Good luck, it's a grand feeling when it's done.....

Well £900 in my case!

Comment

Just remember to take the half moon insert out of the old head and put it in the new one! It lives at the back of the head by the bulkhead on the level of the camshaft. The only way you can tell its not there once the heads on, is when it spits a couple of litres of oil all over the shop!
              You are joking? Aren't you?
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

oil frickin everywhere....

Thought it meant the woodruff key when I read it in other posts, had plenty of sawdust to mop it up with though!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  You are joking? Aren't you?
                  oil frickin everywhere....
                  Your mate's not much of a mechanic then? I can understand a joiner missing a big hole like that (because he probably wouldn't wipe the gasket surfaces) but theres no way a mechanic should have missed it!

Comment

But he's all the mechanic I have....

never seen a surf before mind!

Comment

LOL!! yeah ive already pulled the head off, it was a bit of a trip on my own cause the surf is soo ###### high, and i couldnt undo the stupid EGR pipes so i could take the manifolds off to make it a bit lighter, cause it was just too tight a space, but got there in the end ok
                      And wow i thought you were joking about the half moon seal haha!! that must have been messy! and gutting!! hopefully i'll remember to put the gasket on

Comment

But he's all the mechanic I have....

never seen a surf before mind!
                        Gasket faces aren't unique to Surf engines, lots of other engines have them...

Comment

Ah well, bang goes my theory....

Comment

Thanks for that (ChildishlySimple Motorcast are a decent bunch of peeps, spoken to a couple of guys in the workshop and a couple of girls in the offices, and they are down to earth, friendly, decent people, their castings ARE good quality apparently (not from China) and they have never had one come back (allegedly) They put a years or 12,000 mile warranty on all their Cylinder Heads, and the cost, including the picking up of your head, rebuilding using your own valves/followers/cam etc (re-shimming of course)( i forgot to ask about lapping, although they are engineers ) and then returning to you, comes in at £448.80 (inc the dreaded) and they always aim for a 4 day max turnaround (from placing order) which isnt bad!
                            They do ask that you remove everything you can from your own cylinder head prior to them picking it up, inc Manifold Studs etc.. Although if there are any you cant get out they will, and if there are any that get damaged in Transit they will replace them with new ones, oh and they also fit new valve stem seals

Motorcast Components Ltd.
                            Units A3, A4
                            Wem Industrial Estate
                            Soulton Road
                            Wem
                            Shropshire
                            SY4 5SD

tel: 01939 236000

Didn't fit it myself, however my mechanic is a nice chap and let me 'help'. He knocked the price down and I got some spanner experience! I'm a carpenter normally, but I reckon if it went again I'd do it myself.

Lots of pictures and several large boxes to put the bits in, in an orderly fashion. Nothing tricky about it if you have access to the right tools, and a bit of patience. A hand taking the head off and on doesn't go amiss though!

Motorcast were good to deal with, delivery and pick up were speedy. Just remember to take the half moon insert out of the old head and put it in the new one! It lives at the back of the head by the bulkhead on the level of the camshaft. The only way you can tell its not there once the heads on, is when it spits a couple of litres of oil all over the shop!

Good luck, it's a grand feeling when it's done.....

Well £900 in my case!

Comment

Working...
                            X