Best place to buy a rad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy a rad?

I want to replace the rad on my 2.4 auto LN130. Current rad has a small pinhole leak on the top tank (patched with araldite putty for now). Any views on the rad on Roughtrax? Replacing new, not second hand.

I think that roughtrax radiators are better made than milners.I would personally go with roughtrax
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Try a local Rad recon place. Worked for me anyway.

Comment

My Roughtrax rad is still shiney looking with no pitting or rust after 2 years.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=149&vid=528

Thanks,

Ray.
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

My mate replaced his at the weekend "KZN 130" with a r-trax one & said that the one he took out felt flimsy compared to the r-trax one.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I'll bob an overtime shift in at work and Roughtrax it is then.
            Not going to mess about with the old (original) one on it. Spent time, effort and cash bringing this motor up tip-top. If it needs bits, it gets new bits and the best I can find. As tidy as you can find, not a bit of rot anywhere, solid as a rock and years of life to give, so tend not to scrimp on maintainance.

Comment

I have a one year old RT radiator you can have for £85 delivered.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

If it's in good order, fits my '93 2.4 LN130......and you can hang on to it till I get paid on the 11th.....Done deal!

Comment

Aye, no worries.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Cheers mate
                    mobile is 07875 425220. Drop me a text in a few days and will sort out payment.

Kinda hoping I can get it in without taking off the bullbar I put on yesterday.......What a two-man Barsteward of a job THAT was . At least if it needs to come off, the effin' bolts are well-greased and will come out without the aid of a large hammer, can of WD40, 20 Lambert and Butler and lots of cussing this time !

Comment

Originally posted by Neozero999 View Post
                      Cheers mate
                      mobile is 07875 425220. Drop me a text in a few days and will sort out payment.

Kinda hoping I can get it in without taking off the bullbar I put on yesterday.......What a two-man Barsteward of a job THAT was . At least if it needs to come off, the effin' bolts are well-greased and will come out without the aid of a large hammer, can of WD40, 20 Lambert and Butler and lots of cussing this time !

All you need to do is remove the fan shroud, loosen the belts then remove the fan assembly (four nuts in centre) top and bottom hoses, transmission hoses (plug the open ends of the hoses with large bolts or similar) the lift the rad out from above.

Fitting is the reverse of the above.

Comment

Cheers for that
                        Fairly quick job then. Just an easy afternoon tinkering (as will give the system a good flush through at the same time).....Unlike the ###### bullbar!! (Allthough effort was worth it, looks smart now it's on)

Comment

Working...
                        X