Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossmember wanted....

3rd Gen hilux surf 1997 reg.
    Need the removable crossmember if anyone has one??

Hi Rachy,

I popped into Lord Lucans yard today and had a look under the 3rd gen while I was there. There are 2 bolt in x-members. He only has the one nearest the front wheels. He asked me to take a pic for you..
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      Hi Rachy,

I popped into Lord Lucans yard today and had a look under the 3rd gen while I was there. There are 2 bolt in x-members. He only has the one nearest the front wheels. He asked me to take a pic for you..
      I dont know if it is correct as it has never been on the car!
      I have just been told its the crossmember that is removable to enable you to remove the transfer box which is missing. Can try to take a pic of where it should be if this helps? But as I say no idea if the part is correct or not. This is why we need someone local to take a look ideally. Toyota just said they cant get one.

Comment

right just looked under car and taken pics. It isnt the crossmember near the front of the car it is the one just behind the transfer box and looks to cross the exhaust...does this help?
        I cant load pics onto here dont know how.

Comment

You need the second one, they are a different shape, its exactly the same as a LWB colorado, I have one here and just looked.

I'll pop up Toyota tomorrow with the VIN from this LC tomorrow and see what they say.

Its just a straight bit of box section, could probably make one TBH, it'll just be a thicker walled and heavier. Thinking about it the first one might still fit, it'll just hang down a little more where its bent as the second one is straight. If the chassis is the same width, i can't see why it wouldn't fit.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            You need the second one, they are a different shape, its exactly the same as a LWB colorado, I have one here and just looked.

I'll pop up Toyota tomorrow with the VIN from this LC tomorrow and see what they say.

Its just a straight bit of box section, could probably make one TBH, it'll just be a thicker walled and heavier. Thinking about it the first one might still fit, it'll just hang down a little more where its bent as the second one is straight. If the chassis is the same width, i can't see why it wouldn't fit.
            Much appreciated Tony

Comment

Working...
            X