valves and shims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valves and shims

just snapped my cam belt going up kirkstone pass with a trailer tent on so needless to say it did damage,,,2 valves are stuck down and thier shims are dented and bent,,, hoping there is no piston damage so has anyone got a ln130 head or spares i need going cheap ta ,, arron,...

got it stripped today and found 4 valves bent 2 of each 4 buckets and shims busted also maybe someone out there has a head they want rid of to fit my ln130 2.4 turbo,..thanks

Comment

I think Chillitt has one.........

Comment

I have a 3. head if it fits a 2.4
        Its a new one and has only done 45miles

Comment

Originally posted by magnum force View Post
          I have a 3. head if it fits a 2.4
          Its a new one and has only done 45miles
          3.0l is different Phil
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            3.0l is different Phil

Bummer!!
            Cheers Rich

Comment

yeh bummer lol managed to get hold of a complete set of valves springs buckets shims and even the cam lol basically a fully built head without the head if you know what i mean,,,,hope to get it all put together tomorrow,,,will keep you posted

Comment

well got it all back together and was so pleased when it started straight up,,,,but was deeply saddened when i got it home and there was water pi**ing out of header tank,,,my surfs days are numbered i think...

Comment

Originally posted by arron View Post
                  well got it all back together and was so pleased when it started straight up,,,,but was deeply saddened when i got it home and there was water pi**ing out of header tank,,,my surfs days are numbered i think...

Ive been through all the up's , down's and hart ach's of this my friend, just lately in fact. Exact same symptoms. It would run all day on tick over and up to 40 mph but after that, strait out the bottle. We couldn't figger it out, even had the block checked and nothing was wrong
                  Before you right the truck off make sure you have got all the air out. I did the mod that is mentioned here but i put a length of clear hose on to the burping mod and had it up to the top of the windscreen with a small funnel on it, part filled with coolant, started the engine up and let it tick over till all the air bubbles stopped.
                  Hope that helps mate.

Comment

cheers mate ,,, but ran it till it blew the top hose and stopped ,,.. have managed to source a manual surf body is fuc**d but engine is sweet..

Comment

Working...
                    X