silicon hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silicon hose

Anyone know if there's a kit for the 2.4 2L TE engine, currently having engine rebuilt and looking for some nice silicone hoses, I was wondering if anyone had experience with this???

Roughtrax stock a silicon pipe for the air intake. Not sure where you'd get the rest from, but if you have to get them custom made then try these http://www.siliconhoses.com/
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

thanks capt'n , I'm talking to the people at siliconhoses.com, I'll post an write up once the project is complete, currently building new head up

------------------

Bits and pieces all over the floor, where was that screw?????

Comment

Hi Andy C

what torque are you using for the injectors and glow plugs please, I'm on with the same job. (see technical, how tight) thanks
        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

These are the cheapest I've found...

http://www.zenaracing.com/shop/index.php

Comment

sorry Grassman, not doing that bit myself, my man Brian is taking care of the rebuild, I'm just paying. I'll ask him when the new head arrives this week. Mine went up in plumes of white smoke following a burst rad pipe / overheating incident, what happened to yours? was it the gasket or the head?

Thanks for the replies but basically the answer to my original question is that the hoses have to be individually measured and ordered (faff, but i'm getting orange ones!) there is only one bit you can order surf specifc, it's from roughtrax and it's for connecting the inlet air to the air filter box, silicone is expensive too, hope the missus never asks for a new pair of ###'s!

--------------------
            I said:

It is worth keeping darling, I know it's expensive to repair but the best things always are, it makes sense in the long run, she's too young to die!

She said:

No-ones too young to die, even you, take your other woman to the scrap yard!

I said:

Never!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Andy C
              Thanks for answering.

Mine was an overheat that I did'nt get away with.

My son's is an overheat also. he bought it like that, but only paid £250 for it so he should be quids in when we've finished, with a bit of luck.
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Working...
              X