2.4 efi engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 efi engine

if my dad will be kind enough to lend me the money i shall be looking for a new engine to pick up preferably on Saturday afternoon, the MOT is due on the 10th and the current engine just wont pass. Anyone with prices and locations for me to ponder upon would be muchly appreciated thanx.
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

i have an engine with issues which i think are electric/fuelling rather than mechanical but i can't garantee it, i never got round to repairing it as a new truck came up too cheap to turn down before i diagnosed the problem. As such the engine's going cheap, but i'm away this weekend.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
      i have an engine with issues which i think are electric/fuelling rather than mechanical but i can't garantee it, i never got round to repairing it as a new truck came up too cheap to turn down before i diagnosed the problem. As such the engine's going cheap, but i'm away this weekend.
      mines got problems aswell and tbh its qwiker for me just to drop a new engine in than waste more time diagnosing the faults as so far they are leading towards the block being damaged which i know is very rare, though we did have two cars at college with a cracked block and a warped block.

I shall see if a working one comes up available for the weekend if not this my fallback but may also decide to take this as a spare one to be rebuilding in the garage.

And how cheap?

Cheerz i shall keep ya posted

Comment

if you just want the engine, alternator, fuel pump, starter motor, power steering pump, water pump, basically complete engine with main ancillaries left on then make me an offer, remembering that you'd have to come and remove it though, i'm around as an extra pair of hands and physically fit and able to do it, just never taken an engine out before. Got most tools but no hoist.

If you want engine loom, ECU, turbo, rad etc aswell i'd be looking for something close to £250. But again open to offers if i'm being unrealistic.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

if you just want the engine, alternator, fuel pump, starter motor, power steering pump, water pump, basically complete engine with main ancillaries left on then make me an offer, remembering that you'd have to come and remove it though, i'm around as an extra pair of hands and physically fit and able to do it, just never taken an engine out before. Got most tools but no hoist.

If you want engine loom, ECU, turbo, rad etc aswell i'd be looking for something close to £250. But again open to offers if i'm being unrealistic.
          id just be looking for the engine and turbo(think my turbo went and took the engine with it as all the oil went through there), i also have no hoist but have removed a few engines using a forklift, i would also have an extra pair of hands with me.

Im no good at making offers as i never know the value of anything and often offend people so im really open to price quotes right now.

Comment

£250 is a very good price with all the goodies still with it and even if the block is no good you'll get your money back on the bits still on it so you cant lose on it.If your wanting it snap it up quick before someone else has a bargain
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Right I've spoke to my dad and he said I can borrow the money until my next pay day. I will be looking to take the £250 lot mate.
              Where abouts in Kent are you and when are you around?
              How long do you think it will take to have the engine out a surf?
              And also what symptoms does this engine have that make you think it is electric or fuel?

Cheerz

Comment

Well there is always this option ok i know its not an efi model ie it has a mechanical pump

But i have an ultra rare 2 door 1989 surf yes a 2 door model

This comes complete with the whole car as i was going to fit the derv lump into my hilux but

Oh i must mention this that the car comes with reciepts totaling £1,200 just for the engine its had a new head new injectors new alternater new rad new stat new rad cap all in the last year

Why am i selling? to fit the derv into my petrol hilux is just as hard as fitting an 8 into it and well it stands nearly 8 foot tall it deserves the the 8 really. No i won`t accept £250 you`de have to borrow a little more but this is worth a look i don`t want telephone numbers for the car trust me

Call or mail me if your interested thedillerfromhell@hotmail.com scottie 07766626661 i`m in thamesmead near dartford way

Comment

Originally posted by scott harlow View Post
                  Well there is always this option ok i know its not an efi model ie it has a mechanical pump

But i have an ultra rare 2 door 1989 surf yes a 2 door model

This comes complete with the whole car as i was going to fit the derv lump into my hilux but

Oh i must mention this that the car comes with reciepts totaling £1,200 just for the engine its had a new head new injectors new alternater new rad new stat new rad cap all in the last year

Why am i selling? to fit the derv into my petrol hilux is just as hard as fitting an 8 into it and well it stands nearly 8 foot tall it deserves the the 8 really. No i won`t accept £250 you`de have to borrow a little more but this is worth a look i don`t want telephone numbers for the car trust me

Call or mail me if your interested thedillerfromhell@hotmail.com scottie 07766626661 i`m in thamesmead near dartford way
                  sorry mate i jus need a cheap engine, mine stand 8foot tall aswell and all the custom work ive done to mine mean i really have to keep my truck and just need an efi engine to drop in for the MOT next week then later on i shall be fitting an 8 myself. cheerz for the offer though.

Comment

ok mate not a problem

Comment

Working...
                    X