Help !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !!!!!!

Has anyone got a sensor turbo pressure unit (number on existing unit is denso 89421-60030) for a '93 ssrv 3.0td. The one on my surf has become detatched from its rubber hose, and the connector which should be on the unit is still in the hose!! We have tried to stick the connector back on the unit, but it won't have any of it. Also, I know that I am dumb, but what does it do? as the surf still runs without it.(if anyone can explain could you do it in words of one syllable please)

It run without it, but not as good as normal.

Gently pull the broken bit out of the hose, and carefully superglue it back on on the sensor, it goes underneath, if you get it so the breaks line up properly, it'll be fine.

Don't get any superglue inside the sensor, only use a litle glue at first, and let it set.

Once its stuck, drip glue around the join to seal it properly. The carefull fit the hose to sensor, then put it all back on the truck and you should be fine.

People break these all the time when waving spanners around the manifold.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for info Tony, I will try to get it glued this weekend. Would that explain the 'lumpy' tickover when cold? Hope it fixes it, as I have just had to have the head replaced (not mine, the surfs!!!) as it overheated and cracked the old one (no, the temperature gauge didn't register the overheating until it was too late). When I phoned Toyota about buying a new sensor, they told me the price I nearly fell over !!! Thank you again for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X