Cheapo towbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapo towbar

I am after a cheap towbar, I only want it for the mounting plates really so I can make some rear recovery points that wont act as a plough. Whatcha got?
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Give these guys a call

They were selling off their old stock at £25 a time all new and unused. don't know if they have any left but worth a phone call.

Bullivants
    92 Wiltshire Road
    Chaddesden
    Derby
    DE216EZ
    Ring them on 01332 671000 Ask for Tom

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewC View Post
      Give these guys a call

They were selling off their old stock at £25 a time all new and unused. don't know if they have any left but worth a phone call.

Bullivants
      92 Wiltshire Road
      Chaddesden
      Derby
      DE216EZ
      Ring them on 01332 671000 Ask for Tom

Excellent, thanks for that, indeed they do have some! One is on its way down south to me right now.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
        Excellent, thanks for that, indeed they do have some! One is on its way down south to me right now.
        Thanks again.
        T'was a pleasure to help.

Comment

Just what i'm after.

Thanks

Comment

They still have some left, i collected mine last thursday

Comment

Mine turned up Friday, seems an odd way to mount though, all the others I have seen bolt onto the side of the chassis rails using 3 bolts, this one requires a hole to be drilled, then uses a spacer to attach through the tie down eye.
              On the positive side it appears to be flush with the bottom of the bumper which is good, and tow ball bit is detachable, a reciever hitch I think it might be called?
              Anyway, for 25 notes you cant go wrong!

Comment

Just watch the ends of the support arms, I've ffound mine a slightly touching the bumper and have to tweak it a fraction to prevent the squeeling of metal on metal.

Tweak includes soon to be fitted 2" body Lift

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
                  Thanks again.
                  how much did it cost you jonny im after one also was it easy easy enough to fit yourself

cheers jon

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
                    how much did it cost you jonny im after one also was it easy easy enough to fit yourself

cheers jon
                    £25 plus £25 postage (a bit steep but its cheap enough overall)
                    I havent fitted mine yet but as said earlier, you need to drill a 12mm hole in through the chassis rail for each bracket. The main bar then just bolts to these. Looks simple enough to fit and for the price you cant really go wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X