yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New user looking for reliable parts network.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user looking for reliable parts network.

Hello, forgive me for starting an age old thread of parts availability, I own a Jap import SURF SSRX, it has just failed it's MOT on a few items, one of which is missing rear anti roll bar brackets, I thought it was sloppy in the corners! Anyway, the MOT guy said parts are hard to find for SURFS, of course I go into panic mode and want to get rid of the $$$$$$ thing. However, I decided to try to find these parts instead of selling the car at a loss.

So, can anyone let me know of a parts network for SURFS?

Also, I have been informed that UK models share some of the same parts as the Jap imports, is this correct?

Your help is much appreciated.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/LN130.htm

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=3

Welcome

Comment

Specifically http://www.milneroffroad.com/KZN130.htm here under suspension. They are winding you up about parts availability. They are cheap as well.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by MandyKZN130
        the MOT guy said parts are hard to find for SURFS, of course I go into panic mode and want to get rid of the $$$$$$ thing.

Your help is much appreciated.
        The mechanic is talking through his anus.

Parts available from the places already mentioned, and eBay, and Tony N, and other members.

Take your rear ARB off altogether. It really doesn't make much difference to the way the truck handles, and is not an MOT item if it's not on the truck!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi and welcome Mandy.If you are going to put on new brackets then you will be better off putting in the new bushes at the same time.You can get the whole kit from Milners
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            The mechanic is talking through his anus.

Parts available from the places already mentioned, and eBay, and Tony N, and other members.

Take your rear ARB off altogether. It really doesn't make much difference to the way the truck handles, and is not an MOT item if it's not on the truck!
            Andy it has to be on the truck as it was already on there when it failed the mot so it will have to be put right

Comment

Thanks

Thank you all for the info, very helpful. Wow, so many replies in a short time! I've had a quick scan over the links you gave me, it looks like the MOT guy is talking out of his sphincter ring as usual, I smelled a rat when he offered to do the work for me.

Once again, thanks.

M. x

Comment

When you go to do the anti roll bar brackets make sure yo give the bolts a good lube a while before hand as the bolts are prone to breaking so just be carefull undoing them.What else did he fail it on?

Comment

Excessive exhaust smoke, the MOT guy suggested taking it for a blast to clean out the system before the next MOT test, I hope that's all it needs or I'll be looking at getting the injectors reconditioned.

The other failure was only 35% effective on rear brakes and 10% on parking brake. The MOT guy said something was split/leaking in the rear drum, I've had a look, it is splattered in black sludge. so, a new set of shoes for the rear and fix whatever is leaking.

Suddenly I'm not scared of my so called expensive Jap import. A mechanic friend suggested I may need to have a 'service computer plug in' done every now and then just to make sure all is ok in the computer department, is this needed and where do I go for a plug in?

M. x
                  Last edited by MandyKZN130; 27 June 2007, 18:02.

Comment

You friend is talking rubish as well, if you have electrical problems, the engine check light will come on.
                    Oily rear brakes is normally the rear axle bearing on its way out, and a new seal needed. Its no biggy if you have a decent press.

Excessive exhaust smoke, the MOT guy suggested taking it for a blast to clean out the system before the next MOT test, I hope that's all it needs or I'll be looking at getting the injectors reconditioned.

The other failure was only 35% effective on rear brakes and 10% on parking brake. The MOT guy said something was split/leaking in the rear drum, I've had a look, it is splattered in black sludge. so, a new set of shoes for the rear and fix whatever is leaking.

Suddenly I'm not scared of my so called expensive Jap import. A mechanic friend suggested I may need to have a 'service computer plug in' done every now and then just to make sure all is ok in the computer department, is this needed and where do I go for a plug in?

M. x
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The other failure was only 35% effective on rear brakes and 01% on parking brake. The MOT guy said something was split/leaking in the rear drum, I've had a look, it is splattered in black sludge. so, a new set of shoes for the rear and fix whatever is leaking.

M. x
                      For the emmissions put a in 4 or 8 dose of redex to 1/4 tank of fuel and drive it like you stole it.Also try adding a few litres of veg oil in the tank before the mot and fingers crossed that will get the emmissions down
                      Also change the fuel filter or buy a filter kit from Milners and fill the fuel filter with redex and then give it a bloomin good blast as that way you will have neat redex cleaning the injectors.
                      You may have a seal gone in the drum from the axel so have a good check of the drum also.
                      You shouldn't need to get it plugged up to a computer as if there is a problem then you will have a warning light flash.
                      Give the surf a good service all fluids and filters and Cam belt if you don't know when it was last done and service it every 3 -4k to keep it running smoothly

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        You friend is talking rubish as well, if you have electrical problems, the engine check light will come on.
                        Oily rear brakes is normally the rear axle bearing on its way out, and a new seal needed. Its no biggy if you have a decent press.
                        why couldn't i put it that simple

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                          why couldn't i put it that simple
                          You need a simple mind....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            You need a simple mind....

i thought i was simple but obviously not simple enough D

Comment

Excellent advice!

Thank you all for the advice, I'll pass it on to handy boyfriend with tools.

I have also briefly checked out www.4x4toys.co.uk, you have a good website there, love your truck too.

I have been toying with the idea of a body/suspension lift for a while, I owned a 4.0HO Cherokee for a few years, I wanted to lift that but it proved to be hideously expensive to do. My Surf is definitely a better truck than the Cherokee.

Thank you all.

M. x

Comment

Working...
                              X