Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear load cover mountings

Hi everyone,

I've just aquired a rear load cover, but it unfortunately has no mountings with it and my Surf hasn't got any behind the rear seats. Has anyone got the mountings without the cover they would be willing to part with? I know that some Surfs had the mountings fitted but had no covers due to the ridiculous expnse Toyota were charging.

Cheers
    Patrick

These mountings are like the Holy Grail of the Surf community mate. I've been looking for some for over 6 months now a never had a sniff of one. Good luck though.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

What do they look like???
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I`m after a load cover so if you dont have any luck i will take the cover off you hands!!

Comment

These?

Are these what your looking for? If not what are they???
          My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Err, to be quite honest I don't know what the look like except my beloved truck doesn't have any...

Seems most interesting accessories for the Surfs are like hens teeth or horse feathers or some other incredibly rare thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick1505
              Err, to be quite honest I don't know what the look like except my beloved truck doesn't have any...

Seems most interesting accessories for the Surfs are like hens teeth or horse feathers or some other incredibly rare thing...
              There are two of these things. One on each of the rear seats. They look like bobbins and as if something should hook over them!
              My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Thought i'd bring this back to the forefront.

If no-one's got any mountings I'll have to sell the cover, no-use to me otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
                  There are two of these things. One on each of the rear seats. They look like bobbins and as if something should hook over them!
                  I think your talking about seat belt clips mate. The Load cover brackets are huge and obvious

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick1505
                    Thought i'd bring this back to the forefront.

If no-one's got any mountings I'll have to sell the cover, no-use to me otherwise...
                    The problem with the brackets mate is that they leave massive holes in the boot area where they come out. Which is why people are unlikly to part with them for anything less then a wallet straining fee! Even if they asked for a swap of panels aswell as your money then you have to fiddle about taking seatbelts out to unhook the panels! Its one hell of a lot of effort to be honest! If your worried about people seeing in your boot. Screwfix sell a Limo black tint film for about £8 a roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                      These mountings are like the Holy Grail of the Surf community mate. I've been looking for some for over 6 months now a never had a sniff of one. Good luck though.
                      I had one seller on ebay who was selling the cover with no fixings tell me that all Surfs have the fixings in place, just not all have the cover.

I must have two of the rarest Surfs around.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                        I had one seller on ebay who was selling the cover with no fixings tell me that all Surfs have the fixings in place, just not all have the cover.

I must have two of the rarest Surfs around.

What that ebay seller told you is bull mate!

Ive got the brackets in the back of my surf but i dont want massive holes in the back either! and i have no real need for a load cover.

I think ive only ever seen a couple of surfs with brackets and covers an the only one ive seen in real life is Martins surf (pops)

Comment

my 3l had the brackets but not the load cover so i took it from the 2.4 along with the toolkit and jack before i sold it
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                          X