my key won't come out and the extra gear lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my key won't come out and the extra gear lever

please help sometimes when i stop and put my hiux pick up into neutral the key won't come out anyone know why? and the lever which changes the ratio from high 4 to low 4 when is the best time to change this, i now know the best time to change to 4 wheel drive is when your slowing down with your foot on the break any other advice
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

it should only release the key in park

it should only release the key in park

Comment

Originally posted by zem_41
      please help sometimes when i stop and put my hiux pick up into neutral the key won't come out anyone know why? and the lever which changes the ratio from high 4 to low 4 when is the best time to change this, i now know the best time to change to 4 wheel drive is when your slowing down with your foot on the break any other advice
      Only use 4wd on loose surfaces not TARMAC. 4L is used usually when offroading as the gear ratios are a lot lower so you get good engine braking when descending very steep hills.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

manual or auto ???
        gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

its an auto

its an auto mate, and in response to the 4L lever, when is the best time to change the ratio ie in park/neutral/braking?
          ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

If you have manual hubs you have to stop anyway. AFAIK only IFS trucks have shift on the fly, a MK3 pickup won't, if its a UK truck, so you need to stop. I can get my truck to engage 4H while coasting, but it grinds if trying to put it back in 2h or 4L if you moving at any sort of speed.

If it a IFS import with ADD, the shifting instructions are the same as a Surf, and they are all on the forum somewhere.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X