Jack and handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack and handle

I need a jack and lowering handle for my 4Runner with a underslung spare (if they are different from rear mounted) .
    The jack is not that important as I can carry my hyraulic one if needed . I need the lowering handle or at least the diamentions of it so I can make one .
    Ta
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Have a word with the nice people at Andrew Rowley Toyota, and get one for a LC 80 series (I'll give you my chassis number if you need it). It's exactly the same and will cost less than one for an import - god only knows why - Got a new one for my LC earlier in the year and I think the whole thing came to under 30 quid for the 2 piece shaft and the handle.

Oh and forget the Jack, get a trolley jack and keep it in the back, I have had experience of the jack toppling on me on only slightly off level ground - even with a chock under the front wheel - bottle jacks suck big time - especially Toyota ones.

Cheers
    Last edited by lucky; 20 June 2005, 08:26.

Comment

Cheers Andy . If I can make the handle it would be easiest . I might have a look in the Landcrusier I mentioned to you first .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Last week I bought a brand new Toyota jack handle for my 1st gen (3 pieces in total, as Andy says).

Part number is 09113-35110 and costs £29.56 + VAT (that's full price)

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          Cheers Andy . If I can make the handle it would be easiest . I might have a look in the Landcrusier I mentioned to you first .
          A 1/2 inch drive ratchet - the ones with the removable 1/2 inch drive peg works great. My torque wrench is like that and I used that for a while.

Comment

Working...
          X