Starter motor gen 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter motor gen 3

Hi, im after a starter motor for my gen 3, getting hard to start sometimes, just making clicking noise, but eventually turns, or can mine be repaired ?

Yes you just need the repair kit from RT. Cheers

Comment

As above, its almost always the contacts, you can get them from RT or if you are poor, or a bit tight, you can get them on ebay. Its a relatively easy fix, I did mine a few years back using the ebay kit. Strangely enough it always seems to be just one of the copper contacts which wears out.
      Сви можемо

Comment

Yes, as above, it is just one contact that wears badly and, once you get new contacts and after removing the motor, the repair job only takes about 10 minutes and anyone can do it.

Comment

Maybe someday the OP will come back and tells us if he found a new starter or took our advice, who knows eh?
          Сви можемо

Comment

Hello guys, thank you very much for the posts, sorry about the delay getting back to yous. brilliant news, will get one of the kits and give it a go. i have also noticed my battery, plus the addition battery i added, seem to be getting flat all the time. would any of you know if there is something draining

Comment

You can get your alternator function checked with a multimeter if you are not sure.
              The batteries are better disconnected if you don't use it for 2 weeks at a time

Cheers

Comment

yes might have to start disconnecting them, do you know how to check with a muiltimeter, what am i looking for i do have one ( multimeter )

Comment

Working...
                X