I want to be a veggie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to be a veggie

Ok, seriously concidering veg oil conversion. Been having a good old read on the site & want to commit cos my fuel bill is around £110-£130 per week due to me been self employed. Got enough info on producing my own with the 2 55 gallon drums with the filtters & all that,(no probs). My question is what kit should i go for, want a seperate tank for the VO but need all the boot space for my tools. Anybody done this, seen 1 convertion on here but looked a bit OTT, must addmit it did look the dogs though....
    Last edited by si tate; 19 August 2008, 17:36.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Originally posted by si tate View Post
    Ok, seriously concidering veg oil conversion. Been having a good old read on the site & want to commit cos my fuel bill is around £110-£130 per week due to me been self employed. Got enough info on producing my own with the 2 55 gallon drums with the filtters & all that,(no probs). My question is what kit should i go for, want a seperate tank for the VO but need all the boot space for my tools. Anybody done this, seen 1 convertion on here but looked a bit OTT, must addmit it did look the dogs though....
    try posting this in the general or tec sections you might get more replies.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Veg Conversion

Hi

I had my Hilux Surf 3.0 knz185 converted by diesel Veg of wolverhampton

http://www.dieselveg.com/ they did a superb job plus I got 1000 litre oil ver cheap (none left now) They sell both a kit and also convert, I had them fit the kit due to pressure from wife as only car. 23 litre tank in back of car but I am looking at moving it under space were the spare wheel use to fit before they put it on back door hanger. I would recomend them to anyone, the aussie guy has all the answears. I have now used the first 1000 litre and just bought a 1000 litre of new cold pressed rape oil filtered to 1 micron direct from a farmrer£0.85 per litre. Runs perfect to big van and pull trailer why did I not convert years ago. Do not fit a cheap system go for two tank with a auto change over onto veg and good purging at the fuel pump NOT JUST A CHANGE OVER SYSTEM.

FUEL PRICE DROPPING MEANS I SAVE LESS

Comment

Nice one

I was looking on that site yesterday & looked like a good set up, but really do need the tank under the boot. Have no room at all when tools are in, but at least i now know someone with this system in use, last thing i want is a cowboy fit & a buggered engine.

Comment

If you look at the site their test vehicle is a HILUX SURF!

Comment

how much!?! i was under the impression that surfs run ok on veg oil put directly into the standard tank and only need it thinning for winter running?

Comment

Correct Sir, just bung it in ....
              ps... Check out the Thinking of using Veg oil thread in General section !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
              Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 31 August 2008, 19:05.
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Just out of curiosity - how did the thread title Pic of the Month Competition fool you into thinking this was a veg oil/general discussion area of the forum???

I think we have an idiot of the week nomination people....
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                  Just out of curiosity - how did the thread title Pic of the Month Competition fool you into thinking this was a veg oil/general discussion area of the forum???

I think we have an idiot of the week nomination people....
                  Well ya got me stumped Andy !!!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Yeh yeh, ok im an idiot. lol. Im new to the site & still finding my way round. Still dont know how to put a photo on here yet, im not the best with computers.

Comment

forgot to switch to diesel still started ok

Hi

Just a short note over the last few weeks several times we have forgot to flush and transfer back to diesel tank for starting everytime started first turn of key so maybe in summer you could run on veg oil with no conversion? or cheaper conversion with just heating of veg oil off water system?

Still pleased I converted for the winter good to pay £0.85 for fuel and new veg oil at that

Comment

Working...
                      X