• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Akita!

Lovely mate, hope he did'nt swallow that tennis ball
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Re

I thought the government banned the "Child Killer" type dogs?

Wasn't there certain breeds that are too dangerous to own, I think Japanese Fighting Dogs was on the list.

Nice looking dog mate, please keep an eye on it if around children!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post

Wasn't there certain breeds that are too dangerous to own, I think Japanese Fighting Dogs was on the list.

Gary
        Akitas are only dangerous where they've been trained as guard dogs. They are fine if not. The banned dogs are:

Pit Bull Terrier

Japanese tosa

Dogo Argentino

Fila Brasileiro

Comment

Gary
          Are we not venturing into the land of sillyness here? Not to mention the fact that every dog, no matter what breed, should be supervised with children. As Sancho say theyre training is the only reason some dogs go wild.

Akitas are beautiful dogs and ive never seen a bad one yet
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
            Are we not venturing into the land of sillyness here? Not to mention the fact that every dog, no matter what breed, should be supervised with children. As Sancho say theyre training is the only reason some dogs go wild.
            Akitas are beautiful dogs and ive never seen a bad one yet
            have to disagree it's badly trained dogs that can be lethal ,
            certain breeds in this country have killed or maimed children/adults
            have a look in the statistics of the worst biting breed , you may be suprised!!!!
            l
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Re

The mauling of young children by big aggressive dogs is happening more frequently nowadays.

It makes me sick to my stomach when I hear about it.

Always the same shite, family pet, good with the kids, never aggressive, has never bitten before, blah, blah, blah!

Dogs are predators, they live in packs naturally!

Bugger all to do with training!

If a dog gets annoyed or takes a dislike to a toddler, child or even adult it attacks it!

My old neighbours German Shepherd once bit their child very badly on the face from nothing more than "jealously"!

It's female owner was playing with her daughter and showing her more attention than the spoiled dog, go figure!

When the dad came home from work he went out, got a garden spade from the shed and killed the dog.

The nipper was badly scarred!

Gary
              Last edited by hellmett; 19 March 2008, 00:13.

Comment

The mauling of young children by big aggressive dogs is happening more frequently nowadays.

It makes me sick to my stomach when I hear about it.

Always the same shite, family pet, good with the kids, never aggressive, has never bitten before, blah, blah, blah!

Dogs are predators, they live in packs naturally!

Bugger all to do with training!

If a dog gets annoyed
                or takes a dislike to a toddler it attacks!

Gary
                If a dog gets annoyed it defends.

Dogs that attack are 10 out of 10 times unsocialized, neglected or mistreated, or just plain trained to be aggressive. Why do you hear it more in the news these days? Because it's what the media want to tell you. I've been 'attacked' by dogs twice - once as a toddler when i annoyed a family pet. Once as an adult picking up an unsocialized dog that wasn't used to human contact.

Anyone who tells you it was a well loved, well trained, well looked after family pet that turned on their kid for no reason is lying.

BTW - the dogs i was attacked by were a collie and a lab-x, why is it only ever big dogs mauling people in the news? Because jack russels and west highland whites ain't exactly big scary dogs worth training to be aggressive are they?
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                  If a dog gets annoyed it defends.

Dogs that attack are 10 out of 10 times unsocialized, neglected or mistreated, or just plain trained to be aggressive. Why do you hear it more in the news these days? Because it's what the media want to tell you. I've been 'attacked' by dogs twice - once as a toddler when i annoyed a family pet. Once as an adult picking up an unsocialized dog that wasn't used to human contact.

Anyone who tells you it was a well loved, well trained, well looked after family pet that turned on their kid for no reason is lying.

BTW - the dogs i was attacked by were a collie and a lab-x, why is it only ever big dogs mauling people in the news? Because jack russels and west highland whites ain't exactly big scary dogs worth training to be aggressive are they?
                  Most dogs can be dangerous to humans, they all bite, but some breeds are more prone to vicious behavior pit bulls and Rottweilers among them.

However, the most vicious part of the equation is "man'".

In most vicious-dog attacks one finds that the owner of the animal is a macho-man an aggressive loser who has taught the animal to be vicious.

The animal is not intelligent enough to know the difference between a real intruder and the toddler next door who puts out a hand to be friendly.

That's why so many pit bulls and Rottweilers and occasional Alsatians maim and kill.

These owners are the very people who declare their animals safe and friendly.

That is probably true until they were taught to be deadly.

The eternal excuse is that the animal is innocent and that the toddler must have attacked it first.

In fact the villain is neither the dog nor the toddler, but the dog owner.

Unfortunately, these encounters, apart from damage to the toddler, usually mean that after the attack the animal must be destroyed.

Many municipalities have regulations that the dog is shot to save further bloodshed.

That's a shame because it is the owner who deserves punishment.

We can't do anything about an aggressive loser who doesn't actually step beyond the law except to enact laws that make him difficult to hurt others.

Banning dangerous animals, pit bulls, Rottweilers, etc. etc. is a start.

Personally, I would jail the owner(s) immediately.

Deprivation of liberty, job and the ability to earn after release would be a lesson to other pit bull and Rottweiler owners.

Whilst all breeds of dogs posses the capabilities to cause harm upon humans and other animals, it appears that the majority of reported cases include only specific breeds.

Personal experiences have allowed me to see first hand the devastating effects of a dog attack upon a child, the lifelong scars of evidence. Careless owners who did not take the necessary responsibilities of ensuring that their dog could not cause unnecessary harm to a human being.

Everyday it pains me to hear of another child or adult that has been attacked by a dog, usually randomly, and have either resulted in the loss of life or lifelong scars. When the name of the breed in mentioned the same ones are repeated.

I understand that the owners and rearing of an animal can contribute towards behavior and control, but the repeated evidence clearly supports that certain breeds are more commonly 'dangerous' than others.

Compare the number of incidents of a Staffordshire Bull terrier or Doberman attacking a human, to a Golden Retriever, and the evidence remains conclusive.

Certain breeds of dog will carry with it a reputation, or at least a potential, for causing harm or distress. How many times have you seen a Poodle used for a guard dog compared to an Alsatian?

Some individuals will purchase a dog as an image. They choose a breed to intimidate, to make other people wary. Why do people need to muzzle their dogs when out walking. I saw only yesterday, two Doberman muzzled when out walking. Why? Because of their potential risk to others. This breed is known to have randomly attacked, so a precaution is necessary.

I know that owners of this breed will argue that they are lovely pets, and that may be very true, but their is still a greater risk than with other breeds. If you need to muzzle the pet then it is a clear indication that you are slightly concerned as to the potential behavior of the dog when you take it outside to mingle with other people.

People have their own reasons for choosing a particular breed of dog, but the fact remains that certain breeds are known to have a more hazardous temperament than others.
                  Gary
                  Last edited by hellmett; 19 March 2008, 00:27.

Comment

they all look the same to me!

furry, with big pointy teeth and stinky breath!....

(i'm favouring the cat this week!... although i find his fluffy balls off-putting!)
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

It not the Dogs you need to worry about around children it's the people, I have heard it a thousand times, he was a loving father before he snapped and killed them or, she was the perfect mother before she smotherd them.

Why is there someone always preaching to others?
                      Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Re

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                        It not the Dogs you need to worry about around children it's the people, I have heard it a thousand times, he was a loving father before he snapped and killed them or, she was the perfect mother before she smotherd them.

Why is there someone always preaching to others?
                        It's not "preaching", it's expression of opinions!

Cats don't maul children, dogs do!

(I hate cats, they stink and they are untrustworthy!)

I personally do not understand the desire to have a big aggressive dog?

It MUST be an ego thing!

I see the "F u c k w i t s" walking around my town, shell suits, hoodies, dripping in bullion and a staff on a straining leash.

WTF is that about?

The same "geezers" are total idiots and a waste of air.

Gary
                        Last edited by hellmett; 1 April 2008, 13:21.

Comment

Working...
                        X