• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green laning North Wales

Hi all,
    sorry to have missed the quarry on Sunday, but I was out playing
    <steps back and waits for the abuse to flow in>
    with not just one, but FIVE Land Rovers!!

A friend arranged a green laning trip and invited me along, that's my excuse!

Went over a few excellent trails, including this one:
    http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...e=25000&icon=x
    which was awesome - great views, fantastic mix of terrains from steep rock tracks, to water splashes, railway sleepers over a nasty boggy bit - with a 5' gap! - and nice sideways leans (why does my gauge stop at 30°? My truck went further ).

Anyway, attached are a few piccies that a landy took (sorry, my camera was bust), maybe some of you might be interested in going back and Surfing it - nice place for a family day out and picnic!

Smeg.
    PS I think the landy owners were a bit surprised that I didn't get stuck anywhere, so I did us proud!
    Attached Files

<steps back and waits for the abuse to flow in>
    YOU TURNCOAT YOU !
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

North Wales Laneing

Geoff

Would be interested in trying some laneing in Wales

4 Runner

Comment

PETE surf or toy ????
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Definately be up for some more laning around Wales, it's the next best thing to Scotland for fantastic scenary! (I'm a Campbell, so Scotland wins OK?!?)

I'm free most Sundays (on Saturdays I shoot people in Wales), definately want to do that route again, it's got some fantastic "look at what Surfs can do" camera opportunities. And want to find more routes too - for that we may have to rely on the LR help as they're all locals and know where to go, but I have no problem with that - I can accept the world's 2nd best offroader wanting to come along and see the Surf's in action!

Only thing to consider is keeping group sizes sensible, I get the impression there's an unwritten greenlaning rule of staying below 6/7 vehicles in one convoy - I agree with that, if we'd met people coming the other way in some of the places it would be a total nightmare to get more than that around each other!

So, who else would be up for it, and when are you free?

Geoff.

Comment

You mean you dont have to go to North Wales on a motorbike? Dont think I've ever gone on four wheels before! lol Sounds like a good day and would love to come, but cant come this month so will watch the posts for when you decide. Always another time.
            Andy (the girly)
            What YOU want something THAT big for???!!!!!

Comment

Certainly be up 4 it..need to sort out my calendar 1st....
              Gaz

Comment

Working...
              X