Xmas on Salisbury plain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas on Salisbury plain

Right i am not doing a xmas run this year due to other issues BUT there is a xmas nav run if you are interested. you will need to get some maps and it will cost £10 per truck ..... still interested here are the details

Date: Saturday 29th December 29-12-2012
    Start and Finish: The Bustard Pub (Grid Ref 0920 - 4620)
    Sta*: 09.30am
    Finish: 03.30pm
    Entry Fee: f 10.00 per vehicle
    Maps l{equired: Explorer 130-131
    All routes have proven vehicular rights. Some of the lanes are still signed as'restricted
    byways, bridleway or footpath'. Please ignore these signs, the lanes have either already
    been upgraded to byway status or are going through the upgrading process.
    As normal the run is completely non competitive, and is intended to educate you as to
    where the R.O,W actually are while enjoying a day out with like minded people.
    In the unlikely event of a mechanical breakdown, you'll be recovered to the nearest hard
    surface road to arrange your own onward recovery' IE AA-RAC etc.
    Due to the military wanting to close some of the lanes this could be your last chance to
    drive them before the matter is carried out. As with the last couple of Christmas Nav runs
    we've included a couple of 'OPTIONAL SECTiONS' which depending on weather conditions
    could be very wet and muddy with deep water.
    As there is likely to be other groups out and about over the holiday period please make sure
    you maintain distance between groups of vehicles and make sure you don't pick up vehicles
    following your group. If this happens STOP and wave them on. We don't want to be
    accused of running convoys and massive groups of vehicles.
    If you want to be included on the mailing list for future NAV runs, make sure I've got your
    NAME/ADDRESS/PHONE.
    Emergency Phone Number: a7974 697632 (If you can get a signal)
    CB Channel: 22
    http://www.wanderlustonline.com/nav1.pdf

The coordinates

http://www.wanderlustonline.com/nav1_0001.pdf

and
    http://www.wanderlustonline.com/nav1_0002.pdf

Thanks to a squirrel for sorting the links
    Last edited by BioHazard; 30 November 2012, 22:21.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

BTW there are markers to follow as well . I have a group of 4 going. This is a good way to learn the plain and also a last chance to drive some routes .
    Last edited by BioHazard; 30 November 2012, 23:02.

Comment

That was the wettest and muddiest i have ever seen the plain ....lots of deep water too.

Comment

Comment

Nice pic that;-). Bit wet wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by j.hell View Post
            Nice pic that;-). Bit wet wasn't it?
            Only about half a mile ...... for that one flood

Comment

So gutted I missed it, but considering my new issue its a good thing. Any more pics? Also do you fancy doing a plain run at the start of 2013 sometime?
              well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Nice.

I'll be there next year, I recovered my 1st Gen from its field where its been living for the last 2 or 3 years over Xmas, and is in garage getting ready for a new powerplant, a bit of welding/filler and will be back!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cool, bit meet coming up in the mew year I hope.

Comment

Lots of pic's here .....Though most are of the bland rovers

http://www.photographicmemoriesuk.co....12/index.html

Comment

good pics, looks very very wet and sticky. sort of scanned past the top heavy looking cubes and spotted out the surfs. whos is that black 2nd gen?

Comment

I'm up for the early 2013 meeting!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                          good pics, looks very very wet and sticky. sort of scanned past the top heavy looking cubes and spotted out the surfs. whos is that black 2nd gen?
                          Which one there were two there.

Comment

Looks lifted with winch bumper on front. Its next to a pic of ians gurt 1st gen.

Comment

:sniff:

It used to be mine...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X