No announcement yet.

Salisbury Jaunt 2 "Back into the Dust"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly had a nasty today, changed the fuel filter, and then she wouldn't start. Took 4 hours for me to figure out that I'd put the hoses on hte wrong way round! Anyway, new fuel filter, new air filter, bugger all smoke now, so ready to play!

Any idea what the mud factor on the plains is! Hopefully very high after all this rain!

See you all in the morning!
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

No Pops, I'm a responsible green laner. We just ventured a 200 yds or so off the byway onto the army offroad training ground.

There is a byway that runs across it, but Ranger Smith was just doin' his job.

I know not to go that way again, I won't go upsetting people, it does nothing but harm the ongoing row over vehicle rights on byways.

Apparently, according to said Ranger, as long as its a graded (stone) road it has public rights of way, even if its not shown as a BOAT or RUPP on a OS map. Obviously this only applies to the plains when theres NO live firing in progress.

I don't want to explain shell damage to my insurers!
      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

thats cool
        was just making sure we not upsetting any peeps being there.
        its hard enough finding these places to go without upsetting people along the way.
        and our trucks are very spottable on the road by said upset persons too.
        GET MY DRIFT
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Tell you what pops, the only people I like to upset are dumbass ramblers who think its there god given right to lecture me that "you know that this is a footpath, don't you", at which point I ask him to get the OS map out of his dumbass map pocket round his neck and show him the great big BYWAY that he's stood on and not the footpath that junctioned off the byway 100yds behind him!

True story, AND I had pulled over with engine off, AND was only crawling along due to the overgrown shrubs. He even got his compass out ( while I laughed to myself ) to "take a bearing, to triangulate his location". Nearly wet myself! We were near Winchester not !!!!!! Snowdonia!

I did tell him politely that if it wasn't for people like me, who by driving the lanes, and the 4x4 clubs who organise clearing days, then he would have a nice wide byway to walk along and told him to go to GLASS's site. I did say that I to respect the countryside and obey all the relevant laws. It fell on deaf ears.

He left muttering to himself.

Oh well.

Rant over!
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

i know what you mean danno.
            i think they carry there attitude in them big hiking boots they wear.
            WONDER if an A/T tyre on one may change there mind??
            well give they something to moan about maybe
            Pops

Comment

See you all at Amesbury in the morning.

Trev, Penny & the kids
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

wish i'd kept me big mouth shut now, just made ppl question everything! Sorry.
                Obviously we were all consious of the byways and laws etc etc and do our best to make sure we don't go leaving damage and upset ppl in our tracks.
                On the plain there are many gravelled tracks which we were on throughout the day, it's just that some ranger blokey didn't want us there at the time. It wasn't a case of us being reckless and tearing up the countryside!

See you all in the morning

Hopefully I won't get a hangover....

Comment

calm down boys i was not suggesting any of you where reckless.
                  i was just asking the question for my peace of mind thats all
                  see you 8-30 to 9 guys and girls. and kids
                  Pops

Comment

line up pic and we went to the pub too!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

if you go down to the woods today!

(i think only terrie will know what that orange thing in the woods is!)

(it's a lesser spotted lurking pops!)

Comment

come on... where's the vids???

i didn't get it all muddy for nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                          if you go down to the woods today!

(i think only terrie will know what that orange thing in the woods is!)

(it's a lesser spotted lurking pops!)
                          that orange is red.
                          and soon as my computer will allow me to download my pics i got a few other pics like that of other wild beasts in the woods, and there not looking for butterflies either.

great day, and thanks to matt and dan for helping me with my punture.
                          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                            line up pic and we went to the pub too!
                            hey was anthony in the pub too? i missed him
                            Pops

Comment

Did you all have a good day then ? No doubt you certainly did.
                              Looks like the 3 weeks of greenlaneing on the trot has given Dannos truck a 4" width extention with all the mud deposits !

Andy

Comment

A great day out! Was really good to meet everyone today.

Many thanks to Danno for a great day out!

Now I just have to wash the two tons of mud off that I brought back!
                                I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Working...
                                X