ADVENTURE OVERLAND - Whilton Mill, Northants 6-7 Oct 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVENTURE OVERLAND - Whilton Mill, Northants 6-7 Oct 2012

It's here at last! The big outdoor event that I've been longing to organise for years has finally been launched ...

Entitled ADVENTURE OVERLAND it aims to span the entire overland and adventure travel scene from all-wheel-drive trucks to 4x4's, off-road dirt bikes to tourers, mountain bikes to tandems, adventure sports in the UK to treks, expeditions and explorations in far flung foreign lands.

It also incorporates an element that's linked to all these forms of travel - bushcraft - something that has been neglected in the 4x4 market up until now; not any more!

In a nutshell, it's an event that has never been held before. :cheers:

The venue's excellent (somewhere new and fresh yet still central), the prices for day visitors, campers & traders are fair and ‘down to earth’ with advance-booking discounts ensuring everyone can afford to attend, the time of year is still mild enough for camping, and importantly, it doesn't clash with any other show.

By the way, if HiluxSurf.co.uk like a free pitch to promote the forum, simply email me and we can arrange something.

Check out the website at www.adventureoverlandshow.com and let me know what you think … constructive criticism always welcome!

Originally posted by Tom McG View Post
    It's here at last! The big outdoor event that I've been longing to organise for years has finally been launched ...

Entitled ADVENTURE OVERLAND it aims to span the entire overland and adventure travel scene from all-wheel-drive trucks to 4x4's, off-road dirt bikes to tourers, mountain bikes to tandems, adventure sports in the UK to treks, expeditions and explorations in far flung foreign lands.

It also incorporates an element that's linked to all these forms of travel - bushcraft - something that has been neglected in the 4x4 market up until now; not any more!

In a nutshell, it's an event that has never been held before. :cheers:

The venue's excellent (somewhere new and fresh yet still central), the prices for day visitors, campers & traders are fair and ‘down to earth’ with advance-booking discounts ensuring everyone can afford to attend, the time of year is still mild enough for camping, and importantly, it doesn't clash with any other show.

By the way, if HiluxSurf.co.uk like a free pitch to promote the forum, simply email me and we can arrange something.

Check out the website at www.adventureoverlandshow.com and let me know what you think … constructive criticism always welcome!
    If travelling with a caravan, what sort of facilities will be available? Is there a water supply available? Where would one be able to dump the contents of their toilet cassette and also waste water? If travelling with a caravan, can you arrive on the Friday to leave on the Sunday and would this then cost £17? Hopefully there will be marshals to prevent units parking too close to one another.
    Sounds like a very interesting concept.

Comment

Camping is £10 per unit per night, thus for you it would be £20 (Fri & Sat nights). This however could be reduced to £14 if you took advantage of the 30% advance-booking discount. Don't forget to add on day admission too, 'though this also benefits from a 30% discount.

They hold big karting events at the track - the circuit conforms to National and European standard specifications - so they used to camping on site. Yes there will be full facilities and Camping Marshals.

Comment

show ammenaties

is there any 240 volt hook up avaiable ? good luck with the show

Comment

I doubt i will make it, but good luck Tom.

Alan
          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

240v ... no such niceties!

Thanks for the good wishes, shame you won't be there as it's already looking a cut above your normal 4x4 type event. Interest from the worlds of mountain bikes, bushcraft and motorcycles already, that's in addition of course to the usual 4x4 traders.

Even had a trader just book who’s flying in especially from South Africa! Strewth, must be doing something right?

Still room for Hi-Lux display, would be good to have some Jap interest there. Yes I like my old Range Rovers, but I'm not blinkered when it comes to 'other makes' - never have been, never will be. All 4x4's break down at some stage, it's just that some break down more than others!!!

Comment

A new attraction has been introduced at ADVENTURE OVERLAND - www.adventureoverlandshow.com

Being as though Whilton Mill is an internationally acclaimed karting centre that boasts two outdoor karting circuits, due to public demand it has been decided to utilise the tracks as part of the ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW.

To this end, a 2-hr enduro race will be held evening of Saturday 6th October 2012 to establish the first ever “ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW - Enduro Karting Champions”.

The format is simple –

Featuring teams entered from participating clubs, traders and campers at ADVENTURE OVERLAND, after the show officially closes for the day at 17:00 hrs Saturday afternoon, a 20 min. practice session begins on the nursery Mill Circuit, then at 18:00 hrs. up to 20 teams (comprising of 4 drivers per team) will take part in a floodlit 2 hour enduro race on the National Circuit. The winners will be presented with an engraved, ongoing perpetual trophy to be kept by the winning team at their workplace or clubhouse for the following 12 months.

I am here to officially ask - would you like to enter a team? This can either be under the “HiLuxSurf” banner or simply as a group of friends … or both of course!

Entry fee is £200 per team, that’s just £50 per person (four drivers are mandatory per team). Thanks to Whilton Mill Karting, this special show fee is 50% off the standard ‘public price’.

The karts are Biz twin-engine 160cc pro-karts. All race overalls and safety gear supplied.

Telemetry - Computerised results analysing your driving performance will be issued at the end of your session. Similar to the printouts a Formula 1 driver will look over after every practice session, this is designed to help improve lap times.

Spectator areas will be available for clients, club mates, friends and family.

It should be noted, the organisers of ADVENTURE OVERLAND make no profit from the race, it is purely provided as a novel additional attraction for the visitors and participants of the show.

Please register your interest below if you would like to become a driver in a team entry.

Comment

It’s all systems go for ADVENTURE OVERLAND this coming weekend – www.adventureoverland.com

Trade stands are completely full up (have been for nearly a month), loads of display vehicles, there’s a full programme of seminars/talks/lectures with some top people giving up their time, the bushcraft demo area has been set up, there’s even a floodlit 2-hr enduro kart race scheduled for the Saturday night – looking good!

Just remember to offer up a prayer to the rain gods to ‘take a weekend off’ for a change!

Camping ‘pay on the day’ still available although filling fast, plus of course day admission 10:00 – 17:00 Sat, 10:00 – 16:00 Sun. £10 adults, children under 16 yrs free.

Me, I’m off to site to start setting up, so see you all this coming weekend … it’s going to be a good ’un!

Comment

Why is the domain up for sale? Think I will give it a miss just in case it is non existent like the domain.

Comment

Eh? "The www.adventureoverlandshow.com domain up for sale" so you gave the show a swerve? A strange, sweeping statement that probably put off some people from attending and therefore ruined their weekend; deeply unhelpful Surf01!!!

Appreciate the concern, but the domain is safe and secure thank you very much. Now you've said it, I'm sure you won't mind informing me where you acquired this misleading information.

You really must not believe all what you read in emails and on the net in general. Sorry to disappoint you, but you won't be receiving that £22 million inheritance from that long-lost relative in Nigeria after all.

However, when a show is listed and advertised in national magazines, you can be certain it's a bone fide event that's taking place. And yes, that is blue sky you can see. Two consectutive days of sunshine, surely a first for this 'washout summer'?

Admin ... How about hiluxsurf.co.uk having a Club Display Stand next year, would be good to see you there?

Comment

[QUOTE=Tom McG;777220]It’s all systems go for ADVENTURE OVERLAND this coming weekend – www.adventureoverland.com![/QUOTE

is still for sale. Better get the details right next year and check back a little more often?
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

[QUOTE=Wolfracer;778639]
                        Originally posted by Tom McG View Post
                        It’s all systems go for ADVENTURE OVERLAND this coming weekend – www.adventureoverland.com![/QUOTE

is still for sale. Better get the details right next year and check back a little more often?
                        Plus the fact the Post Code was incorrect which made it look a bit dodgy. Fact! Seems no one from this forum bothered to attend. Maybe he is having a go at me as attendance was low so it is all my fault?

Comment

Not been on here for a while as the surf was sold last year, but just been reading this.

The guy who posted the website must have got it wrong , as it should be adventureoverlandshow.com.

I went to the show and had a great day. If you are interested in doing a big trip somewhere, there were some really good talks from people that had done round the world trips etc. Some sweet looking expedition vehicles too.

Looking for another surf now ( 3 litre this time), so may be back soon.

Comment

Thanks for that barnboy. Now you've pointed it out, I've just realised I did indeed get it wrong - www.adventureoverland.com when it should have been www.adventureoverlandshow.com SORRY!

Don't quite understand the incorrect postcode though, it's always been NN11 2NH - never known another one for Whilton Mill Karting Centre?

Still would like to know who has the domain name up for sale - how do I find out such things Surf01/Wolfracer?

Comment

Working...
                            X