Help - Is There A Cure???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Is There A Cure???

I cant stop smiling!! I'm driving everybody mad! Dont think there a single person in town who dont know about my day out in Barton!! I had the most amazing day yesterday! HUGE thank you to everyone for helping, advising and encouraging. Especially Chirs and Jess for risking life n limb by riding with me!!! I cant wait for Rochdale!! See you all soon. Thanks again, going to look at pics now!! Dont think that going to help get rid of permanent grin though!!
    Andy (the girly)
    What YOU want something THAT big for???!!!!!

There is a total cure,get a Vauxhall Frontera.
    If that does'nt wipe the huge grin off of your face then i'm afraid to say that you are beyond all known help!
    KEEP ON GRINNING.
    A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

That seems a little bit TOO drastic a cure!! Think I'll learn to live with big grin!! lol
      Andy (the girly)

Comment

Originally posted by Bladebabe
        I cant stop smiling!! I'm driving everybody mad! Dont think there a single person in town who dont know about my day out in Barton!! I had the most amazing day yesterday! HUGE thank you to everyone for helping, advising and encouraging. Especially Chirs and Jess for risking life n limb by riding with me!!! I cant wait for Rochdale!! See you all soon. Thanks again, going to look at pics now!! Dont think that going to help get rid of permanent grin though!!
        glad u had a good time, no going back now, sundays will never been the same and the smile does not go away.
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Grin

Andrea
          I've had my surf for about 6 weeks and my wife drove it for the first time yesterday( fear of the unknown).
          Obviously addictive as she seems to have the same symptoms as you described although i won't be reverting to Frontera therapy.
          A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

Originally posted by keef
            Andrea
            I've had my surf for about 6 weeks and my wife drove it for the first time yesterday( fear of the unknown).
            Obviously addictive as she seems to have the same symptoms as you described although i won't be reverting to Frontera therapy.

Sorry Keef...you've lost your motor now you know...that will take the grin off your face. I got the motor back in March and still cant believe the things I've done with the vehicle.

Glad to hear you had a good day Andrea...your now one of the Northern nutters

Guys and Gals...keep on motoring and Grinning
            Gaz

Comment

hi

sorry i didn,t have my camera ready but the way you managed to get all 4 wheels of the floor on the big hill just before the broken fence was a new trick on me just a shame i wasn,t in there with u lol mustbe cause your turbo works now .any way at least we all missed the river lol so hope to see u at roachdale . and also glad you liked your day out it only gets better
              I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
              (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Originally posted by stimpy30
                sorry i didn,t have my camera ready but the way you managed to get all 4 wheels of the floor on the big hill just before the broken fence was a new trick on me just a shame i wasn,t in there with u lol mustbe cause your turbo works now .any way at least we all missed the river lol so hope to see u at roachdale . and also glad you liked your day out it only gets better
                I was in with Andrea as she took off, to what looked like she was going to jump the fence; it was just like when they train the space pilots in zero gravity lol

Comment

Oh S**t

Gizmo.
                  You have opened my eyes. I was in denial,basking in the radient glow of surf joy.I can see it slipping away.Oh woe is me. You have obviously had experience of this before.I need good,foolproof and preferably legal advice on how to stop my wife taking possesion of MY surf.I need a plan and i need it now!!!

Comment

There is NO known cure I'm afraid. As demonstrated on sunday, even if there is only a brief moment open to 'off road', from now on you will grab that moment (Couple of doughnuts, couple of hills and some mud). he he.
                    And you will never drive the same, from now on every view of the countryside or open land will be accompanied with the thought 'wonder if I can get onto there, up that slope, through that water'?
                    See you on the next one!

Fish
                    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by keef
                      Gizmo.
                      You have opened my eyes. I was in denial,basking in the radient glow of surf joy.I can see it slipping away.Oh woe is me. You have obviously had experience of this before.I need good,foolproof and preferably legal advice on how to stop my wife taking possesion of MY surf.I need a plan and i need it now!!!

1. Take of a wheel when you leave the vehicle
                      2. Hide the spare set of keys

or even better

3. Sell the missus LOL
                      Gaz

Comment

better still just go and get wife a surf and then u can both go out off roading at weekend and u dont have to have wife sat next to u giving u a hard time like when r we going home lol (happy marriage)

Comment

Are these tried and tested methods as she can be quite resourceful and while completely unable to programme the video may take a course in "hotwiring" or tyre changing just to p**s me off.Getting her a surf is dependent on my flogging her Defender. Which just leaves Gizmo's point 3.Mmmm, has a certain charm!
                          Last edited by keef; 10 August 2004, 16:23.

Comment

Aargh

EEK! Think I have same problem now as Keef!!! In reverse!! Other half has said he wants to come to Rochdale, and has taken to standing by DRIVERS door everytime we go out with what can only be called a pleading look on face! Cant remove tyre as he too mechanically minded, he already has spare key (in case I loose mine?????) and no one would buy him! Tut n huff. Even reminding him of his 'what do YOU want something THAT big for' comment goes way over his head!! See a Bluey coming up at Rochdale! laughing. See you all soon.

Andy x
                            Andy (the girly)

Comment

EEK! Think I have same problem now as Keef!!! In reverse!! Other half has said he wants to come to Rochdale, and has taken to standing by DRIVERS door everytime we go out with what can only be called a pleading look on face! Cant remove tyre as he too mechanically minded, he already has spare key (in case I loose mine?????) and no one would buy him! Tut n huff. Even reminding him of his 'what do YOU want something THAT big for' comment goes way over his head!! See a Bluey coming up at Rochdale! laughing. See you all soon.

Andy x

Just ask him to take plenty cash with him. At the site ask hime to get out of the vehicle you think you have a puncture...but be near some mud and drive through!...and then turn round and say "your too muddy to get in this vehicle, get a taxi home LOL!.....

or as Chris said....get a second vehicle
                              Gaz

Comment

Working...
                              X