Dorking/Surrey laning trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curly View Post
    I'm going up to Coldharbour tomorrow evening with a friend in a landcruiser for a quick scout about. Meeting outside the plough pub in coldharbour at 6.30 and then heading down the two lanes opposit if anyone is interested, you are more than welcome to join us?

Cheers,

CURLY
    Did you find any good lanes? Someone recently told me that the best green lanes round the Shere area (like the one opposite Drakes on the Pond at Abinger Hammer) had all been filled in by the council and were now about as much fun as a carpark

Comment

Hi Mate,

The lanes we drove weren't anything to strenuous, but after the rain, there were plenty of big puddles, and stuff, which was cool.

The lane you mentioned being filled in by the council, was that the big steep hill with the chalky gulley all the way up it?

Didn't someone fall off their motorbike going up there and die or something? last time I checked, the whole lane was shut. but saying that, the huge steel gate at the top of it was open when we went up last time, but we didn't go down it.

You fancy going up there for a scout about one evening?

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Hi Mate,

The lanes we drove weren't anything to strenuous, but after the rain, there were plenty of big puddles, and stuff, which was cool.

The lane you mentioned being filled in by the council, was that the big steep hill with the chalky gulley all the way up it?

Didn't someone fall off their motorbike going up there and die or something? last time I checked, the whole lane was shut. but saying that, the huge steel gate at the top of it was open when we went up last time, but we didn't go down it.

You fancy going up there for a scout about one evening?

Cheers,

CURLY
        They have done a few of them I'm told, though haven't had the chance to go up there for a long time. Oh well if that was why they did it I suppose it is better than wanton green lane vandalism...

Work tends to be a bit unpredictable and usually late midweek, but if I am heading up there I will definitely give you a shout or post it up here, and likewise will keep an eye on your posts... If I am free at short notice then I will try and hook up, that would be great.

Comment

Anymore takers for the 31st then?

Got 6 so far from FWDC, 2x disco's, 2x Nissan terranos, a landcruiser and a landrover 90.

It would be great to have some surfs to add to the list.

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Hi Mate,

Didn't someone fall off their motorbike going up there and die or something?
            Yeah it was something like that. Sod. I went down that lane on my first time out in the Surf and scared the crap out of myself but loved it. Such a shame its gone.

Also months later met Goodcat well and truly stuck trying to go up it in his lowered, tiny wheeled Surf with skirts on complete with girlfriend in the passenger seat and baby in a seat in the back seat.

He had to reverse all the way back down and I suggested that he might want to join this forum as a way to learn a bit more.

And the rest... is history.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
              Yeah it was something like that. Sod. I went down that lane on my first time out in the Surf and scared the crap out of myself but loved it. Such a shame its gone.

Also months later met Goodcat well and truly stuck trying to go up it in his lowered, tiny wheeled Surf with skirts on complete with girlfriend in the passenger seat and baby in a seat in the back seat.

He had to reverse all the way back down and I suggested that he might want to join this forum as a way to learn a bit more.

And the rest... is history.
              Ha ha I used to drive up that hill all the time. Did it in my bobtailed rangerover, L200, 300tdi Disco and a friends Jeep Cherokee, but never got to go in my surf which was a bummer. Were off up that way again later today if you fancy it by the way? Were meeting outside the plough pub in coldharbour at 2, and will be on channel 25 on my newly fitted CB!

Can't wait!

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Ha ha I used to drive up that hill all the time. Did it in my bobtailed rangerover, L200, 300tdi Disco and a friends Jeep Cherokee, but never got to go in my surf which was a bummer. Were off up that way again later today if you fancy it by the way? Were meeting outside the plough pub in coldharbour at 2, and will be on channel 25 on my newly fitted CB!

Can't wait!

Cheers,

CURLY
                I came looking for you guys today on the off chance but by the time I got to coldharbour I think you had probably all gone home. It was about 6. My problem with your meets is that I don't finish work until 6 during the week and 4 on a Saturday. I have a short range CB to, so maybe i'll be able to join you late some time.

Comment

So no one is up for a bit of laning in their surfs then?

Gotta say guys, I'm a bit disappointed.

Had loads of guys sign up on the other forums, but none from hiluxsurf.co.uk

Would have been good to see another surf in the mud, but hey Ho.

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

I'll be up for a bit of laning - If you can post when you're planning on going if I can make it I will - Unfortunately I've been a bit hectic at work recently and now the summer holidays are here there are going to be kids to get in my way!
                    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi mate, I'm going up to Coldharbour tonight to meet mr Rosco to sort out my CB earth. Your more than welcome to join us if you like.

Were meeting outside the cricket pitch at 7.30 or thereabouts. Channel 20 on the CB if you have one?

Would be good to meet you too!

Cheers,

CURLY
                      Last edited by Curly; 12 July 2011, 11:20.

Comment

Hi mate, I'm going up to Coldharbour tonight to meet mr Rosco to sort out my CB earth. Your more than welcome to join us if you like.

Were meeting outside the cricket pitch at 7.30 or thereabouts. Channel 20 on the CB if you have one?
                        Yep I have a CB - Unfortunately I'm stuck at work tonight! (supposedly until midnight) But if you keep posting when you're going, when I'm able to I will join you.
                        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
                        X