Dorking/Surrey laning trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorking/Surrey laning trip

Does anyone fancy a trip out laning in and around Dorking one evening or weekend soon? I've posted up on the FWDC Forum too, so hopefully there will be a few of us able to go.

I know of 5 lanes round there: Wolverns lane, the one next to Wolverns lane, Pisley with the Ford, the lane at the top of the chalk hill and London lane. I'm sure there's more and would welcome any suggestions/ideas!

I have a bog standard 3rd gen Toyota Hilux Surf with road tyres, so don't want to go anywhere really bad though!

Put your name and possible dates down below and we can arrange a date to suit most if not all you guys.

let's see what happens!

Cheers,

CURLY

If I'm not working I'd be up for it - I'm not too far away!
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Sounds like fun. I am interested to find some local lanes. However I am working 6 days a week at the moment, the only day I have off is Sunday and a few of the upcoming Sundays I all ready have engagements. I am definetly interestewd though, keep me posted.

Comment

How's about an evening trip?

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Could be good for me too....nothing too taxing just a excuse to get out and say Hi..
          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Ok, for starters in June I can do Thursday 23rd or Friday 24th evenings, Saturday 25th or Sunday 26th day or evening.

Can't do 2nd or 3rd July, can do 8th July evening, but not 9th or 10th. Might be able to do 16th and 17th day or night, 24th and 25th day or night, but can't do 30th, but can do 31st. Can probably do some evenings in between these dates too.

Cheers,

CURLY
            Last edited by Curly; 15 June 2011, 21:47.

Comment

Right, I reckon we should bite the bullet and say that the trip will be on 31st July.

If you could add your name to the list below and re-post it on (To make a running List sort of thing) and any lane suggestions or grid references would be more than welcome.

I propose to meet outside the Cricket Pitch which is on the Lane next to Wolvens Lane opposit the Plough pub in Coldharbour. (If anyone knows the exact grid Ref, please can you let me know).

http://forum.fourwheeldriveclub.com/...hp?f=20&t=9187 (pics of the meeting place are on the 3rd post down in this link)

Cheers,

CURLY

1.Curly - 3rd Gen Toyota Hilux Surf

Comment

I won't be able to make that weekend as I'll be at Avalanche

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68170

Why don't you try and come along (it's a long way but it's a great weekend)

I'd still be up for a day laning another time
                “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I'm going up to Coldharbour tomorrow evening with a friend in a landcruiser for a quick scout about. Meeting outside the plough pub in coldharbour at 6.30 and then heading down the two lanes opposit if anyone is interested, you are more than welcome to join us?

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Hi all,

I'm up for a meet and bit of green laneing. I'm available most weekends and evenings. Let us know when is best for everyone and I'll make it along.

Comment

Hi JohnnyWalkabout,

Stick 31st July in your Diary and watch this space for route plans etc!

Fancy coming along tonight too?

Meeting outside the Plough Pub in Coldharbour at 6.30 ish if you fancy it.

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Hi Curly

Sorry couldn't make it last night, was getting my eyes laser corrected. Now I have amazing vision after being half blind for 40 years. Coolio

Would love to come on 31st but misses has booked us into Go Ape for the day. Let me know of any other meets and I'll try and make it.

Comment

I am unable to do the 31st to, I have a wedding. How was the trial run? I been quite wet recently was it fun?

Comment

it was great! although we didn't do London lane. it got a bit late by the time we were going to go, plus i didn't want to get stuck in a massive puddle in the middle of the night!!

I'm usually up for a quick trip up there of an evening if anyone fancies a trip out..

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Anyone fancy coming on this laning trip round Dorking/Shere then? Don't you guys like getting your surfs dirty?? Lol!

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Working...
                              X