weekend in wales anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekend in wales anyone?

hi all now that have collected a fair few number of good lanes and a few still to test, we could make a weekend of it?

just putting this thread out to see the interest of meeting up either friday night or saturday morning for laning then camping probably somewhere around llangollen ish saturday night and then finish off with a few more lanes on sunday? then hopefully drive back home?

was thinking either 18th 19th june or 9,10th or the 16,17th or 23rd,24th July which are saturday and sunday but if need to camp friday as well then not a problem?

put your name down if interested? can really only have 6-8 max so either 2 groups of 3 or 4?
    Last edited by dannyboy77; 9 May 2011, 10:39.
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Hi Danny, I should be able to make it, don't know if I'll camp though... we'll see!

Did some of the lanes near Llangollen last w/end with warrenpfo, he was in his Landcruiser, one of the lanes was a bit tight for him, he received a few battle scars on his shiny 03 plate! The lanes are definitely more challenging round there, even though it was dry we still had a some fun! Found a lane that we must have missed last time, really cool bendy climb.

Matt

Comment

cool good stuff did you mark it on the map? will plan another outting before then! prob go north as havent really done many in that area!

camping and a few drinks is part of the fun! could just stay in the truck!

Comment

I'm in! .....I have plenty of T-cut left
        Last edited by wasp132; 5 May 2011, 18:33.

Comment

Im in With friend + tent if theres space for a little one

Comment

Originally posted by Taxibaz View Post
            Im in With friend + tent if theres space for a little one
            would you like to re-phrase this as i sounds like you want to be in your mate although you have a little one....
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I suppose it does if you've got other peoples winkeys on your mind

Comment

What are the 2-way radios you use? FM CB's? I'm thinking it'd be a wise investment....and are we going to book into campsites with facilities or pitch tent in a field? I'm easy either way but the g/f wants to come but won't if there's no loos
                Last edited by wasp132; 7 May 2011, 20:04.

Comment

hi danny would be interested in the 25th 25th, if anyone was coming a distance, we could put them up in llandudno on fri night. H

Comment

Originally posted by wasp132 View Post
                    What are the 2-way radios you use? FM CB's? I'm thinking it'd be a wise investment....and are we going to book into campsites with facilities or pitch tent in a field? I'm easy either way but the g/f wants to come but won't if there's no loos
                    we use CB's and are on channel 7 dont know whey think it was mudskippers thing? hehe they are good to have so can join in the banner while on the move wasnt going to do wild camping! but dont expect 5* there are mnay camp sites around north wales so not sure which one but will have showers and loos

Originally posted by howardj View Post
                    hi danny would be interested in the 25th 25th, if anyone was coming a distance, we could put them up in llandudno on fri night. H
                    have ballsed up a bit as now have booked a holiday going on sunday 26th June to 3rd July as it was miles cheaper than going the next week as originally planned so will have to changes dates which im sorry about but 9th 10th or the 16th 17th or the 23rd 24th July

Comment

Hi Guys - I definitely won't be able to do the dates in July as that is getting too close to our due date but if that w/end works out better for you guys then don't worry about me.

Will camp one of the nights, I'll probably just sleep on a blow-up mattress in the back of the truck

Comment

not a problem Mat i think we will be going to wales for another day out before then anyway! i would like to sleep in the truck but have a big PLG tank in the way hehe! i guess for you the earlier in July the better!

Comment

hi danny, balls up as well, thought you meant in may. open to any of the dates in june or july. H

Comment

Im happy any dates july also got room in tent for another 3 to 4 if needed

Comment

sorry have put this on the side lines recently but after looking at the threads is the 16-17th July OK for a wales weekend green lane fest! could meet friday night if fancy a few drinks and if anyone is coming from further a field?

so to start off a rock solid 100% definate wales weekend green lane fest (15th) 16-17th July list

1) dannyboy77

Comment

Working...
                              X