No announcement yet.

morocco overland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all just rekindle the enthusiasm that the thread started back a few months ago below is a bit more of an insight to what distances are involved in the journey and the cost. to people that have done the morroco trip i have taken the routes out of the chris scott book 'Morroco Overland' and the suggested time to do each route so i think i am not too optimistic with the travel distances and time plus a buffer of two days at the end for any problems that might happen along the way but all comments are welcome. the suggested date would be march / april 2012 so if this is something people fancy doing then let us know and we will put the logistic and admin bits in to operation and make it happen.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by howardj View Post
      hi dan back from london for a couple of days, then back down for more work. we have decided to leave before christmas and spend six weeks doing morocco, western sahara into mauratainia then into mali to timbuctu, may not make timbuctu but its something to aim for. wel into planning and getting stuff together stage at the moment. any advice on maur or mali will be welcome from anyone. thanks howard
      Did that trip last year in a Nissan micra 1990... If you want 2-3 days driving across the sahara just stay in dakla/ western sahara and someone will find you. Pick someone with their own car...pay him about 80-100€ for everything (boarder stuff etc) and away you go. Mauri was fine...Senegal a nightmare...the FCO get it wrong alot of the time.

I will post a link to a story about my trip ( not complete) or I will be boring everyone on here again!
      .... Which was nice.

Comment

From here to timbucktu.... Any advice ask away or P.M. me....

Here is my story...
        http://daemon4x4.org/board/topic.php?id=1548&p=5
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

I am also planning on doing the Morocco trip any one else welcome to join. But not until 2013 to give me enough time to prepare the truck etc and plan everything. I have got Scotts handbooks Overlanders, Morocco & Western Sahara, some very interesting reading and something not to be rushed I think.

Comment

My Ferry is booked, leaving the UK on the 1st April 2012 and getting back on May 6th.

Happy to meet up for some pistes / beer if anyone is out there at the same time.
            I Love Wales

Comment

Fantastic! Which vehicles are you taking and what port will you be leaving from/arriving at?
              @africa4x4cafe
              [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

I will be taking the Landcruiser again, my Hilux is my daily drive but is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Leaving Portsmouth to Bilbao then Algeciras to Tanger Med.
                I Love Wales

Comment

Working...
                X