A day up north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day up north

Here's a few picks of a few Surfs, a Cruiser and a Rangie out and about mid Scotland yesterday.

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...%20Jan%202011/

I drove the 3.5 hours home like a madmman, full tank of deisel used up in about 180 miles and it never missed a beat. That's after a 12 hour drive to and around Scotland. Hardly saw less than 90 mph on the way home and funny enough near the end, the performance actually improved. Air temperature I think ? Had to slow myself down as I bottled it after 101
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Great to see you mucker.

We clocked 140 miles on the wee run round the Glens. Must have been 80mile of that on B roads or single track.

Pictures are great mate, plenty of the arse end of Alans truck, I see you were to busy to edit.
    Brian

Comment

Glad you got home ok mate, good to see you again (as always )

Great pics, see you again at the Clog soon.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Thanks for that Goran, that made me feel right at home seeing what I was missing !! but also felt a bit like a fish outta water .... Nice Pics

Jess
        "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
          Thanks for that Goran, that made me feel right at home seeing what I was missing !! but also felt a bit like a fish outta water .... Nice Pics

Jess

Plenty time mate, so far 4 Drumclog weekends booked and two more long road trips in the planning stages.

Plus I am taking a trundle back to Wales first weekend in June if you fancy.
          Sparks is meeting me on route, Andy, Graham and a few others meeting us further south.
          Last edited by yoshie; 3 February 2011, 15:35.
          Brian

Comment

Ya have a PM Brian, as I have a dongle to work with atmo it's a bit hit n miss ...

Jess
            Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 8 February 2011, 18:35.
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Plenty time mate, so far 4 Drumclog weekends booked and two more long road trips in the planning stages.

Plus I am taking a trundle back to Wales first weekend in June if you fancy.
              Sparks is meeting me on route, Andy, Graham and a few others meeting us further south.
              I'd be keen to hook up too..providing I'm all working of course

Comment

hey yoshie keep us posted when those drumclog dates are the pics look great like to have a good run around up there!

have found a few more lanes around wales way had a good time last week with Mat they were a bit more challenging that lanes around moel famau
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

I'm going up weekend of the 21st if anyone is interested
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

gordon is that next weekend??

Comment

Danny it is, Sparks has never been very good with dates.
                      Brian

Comment

thanks for clarifying Yoshie! so whats the score is it camp friday and saturday night or is it just a day thing at drunclog? as i have about 1.5 hours on gordon so it would be 4 hrs for me

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                          thanks for clarifying Yoshie! so whats the score is it camp friday and saturday night or is it just a day thing at drunclog? as i have about 1.5 hours on gordon so it would be 4 hrs for me
                          Yea, sorry it's a one day affair. Bit too cold for a camp weekend at the moment. It's on Sunday the 20th.
                          I'm making my way down the day before to do something at Brians. In any case there would be no point you following me as you're in a V8 Surf and I'm in a 1.3 Jimny, you'd be pulling your hair out following me.
                          I know it's a long day if you include the drive there and back, but I've done it several times as it's definitely worth it and especially in a Surf as it's easy on the motorway. Try it in a screaming 1.3.
                          Hope you can make it.
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

i am going to have to say no unfortunately as it would be about 4.5 hrs either way if was staying there then OK, i will wait till its camping season and make a weekend of it hopefully that will be soon!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                              i am going to have to say no unfortunately as it would be about 4.5 hrs either way if was staying there then OK, i will wait till its camping season and make a weekend of it hopefully that will be soon!
                              The weekend at the end of May has been beautiful sunshine the last 3yrs.

The far travelled an some locals stay the Friday night and almost everyone stays the Sat night. You can also stay the Sunday and run home Monday if you like. Camping is free.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X