yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy day today at Chapelgate in derbys' !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy day today at Chapelgate in derbys' !!

Wow, well today we all decided to go to Edale in Derbyshire, (a very beautiful part of it too) and tackle Chapelgate.

5 trucks, my Surf, an old Series, a 90, a Maverick and a Pajero. Later we had company in the form of more Landys..

We all got to the bottom of the very steep rocky/muddy incline after going through several gates off the main road, and got the kettle on, and tried to prepare (mentally) for what we were about to do.

yes, it really is that steep!

Then as were were drinking our tea, i realised i'd burst my front drivers BFG coming through up to this part, which is, in itself quite tricky. So quickly changed for spare wheel - using a rut and mate sat in the back end to pop my front wheel off the ground! (left my jack in the garage at home since i've just put new springs on the back)

Once i was mobile again, we started our ascent to the top. Because of the weather, the lane was really muddy, and slippy. The bit you go up on is only a little wider than the truck, and to your immediate right is a maasive drop, which is so daunting, when youre sliding sideways towards it!

A beautiful part of the country!

This is after the scary-over-the-edge bit, but the beginning of some really tricky rocky bits.

This is the other lads coming up the lane behind us, one fella in a disco, blew his rear diff on a really awkward bit, and had to (attempt) to get winched out - which did not happen!

Took us about 3hrs to get all the way up and over it! A fantastic day, but very tough, easily way harder than Stanage Edge.

Here is a vid of the old Series, trying to get up the steep bit, and getting way too close to the edge, and having to abort, instead of rolling down the hillside. This was a very scary moment, and i know Tim, the driver, was nearly crying at this point. Just watch how much speed he picks up going down there! turn ya speakers down a bit cos ya here me swear a couple times - would hate for the kids to pick it up!!!

CLICK ON THE PIC OF THE SERIES TO PLAY VID

Hope y'all enjoy!!!

Rich
    Last edited by VidaMusic; 7 November 2010, 22:47.
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Ignore my other post re Cannock chase then!
    Bet the guy in the Landy was cacking himself. Looks pretty rough up there. Perfect testing ground! how did the surf cope with rock crawling? I found mine suffered a little with the the big block muds...?
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I see Jimmy Somerville has grown his hair back.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        I see Jimmy Somerville has grown his hair back.
        hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahah! !!!!!

Thats Jono! hahaha, thats funny man, wit til i tell the lads they laugh their heads off - inc Jono!!!!!

wicked, made my morning!
        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
          Ignore my other post re Cannock chase then!
          Bet the guy in the Landy was cacking himself. Looks pretty rough up there. Perfect testing ground! how did the surf cope with rock crawling? I found mine suffered a little with the the big block muds...?
          mate honestly, i have no probs with my Surf at all. just in low box, and magic gear no 2 and it copes with anything. i have BFG AT's on at mo, but should prob look at getting some decent mud's, as i feel they are the only thing holding it back.

Anyone tried BFG Mud's? i think they quite expensive tho....
          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
            A beautiful part of the country!

Mam Tor?
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

it;s in Edale mate, not sure if thats what it's called or not! gorgeous nevertheless!
              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Yee there is some lovely countryside round there!!!

I need to come out a little more as it all looks rather fun..
                Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

not quite mam tor - its a bit further nice - similar shape tho.

love that area, cant wait to get back up there with the truck and see it all from a different angle (i grew up 5 miles from mamtor)

Comment

Sorry to see you had to spend a day with a Ginger....:-o

I have BFG Muds and they are fantastic both on and off road!

Have you any more pics/vids of the blond as we didn't really get to see her properly....?
                    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

VidaMusic have you tried the guy in Nottingham for your tyres, i got mine from him and i am sure you will more than be happy with the deal and service you get from him.
                      Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post
                        VidaMusic have you tried the guy in Nottingham for your tyres, i got mine from him and i am sure you will more than be happy with the deal and service you get from him.
                        Do ya mean Charles @ Bardhills on A52? If so yeah i've been to see him before, and my mates have all had their tyres and work done with him. Top bloke. When i had a prob with my 4wd, he worked on it, on a Sunday afternoon for 3hrs, couldnt fix it, and didnt charge me a penny..

Just pricing up some BFG MT's...
                        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X