Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    I thought you had it on MM?

Sorry mate - just finishing my last early shift for this week, then I'm going home to drag the quilt off the bed onto the couch and am going to lie there and watch crap TV til my eyes close...

Absolutely bu99ered!
    No worries Andy, it is all loaded in Mem Map, including a few updates courtesy of 4Runner

But as it's my 1st time leading, I would have preferred a manual backup in case PC goes down

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
      Can someone confirm we're still going tomorrow in spite of all the drop outs, I'll check this thread in the morning before setting off.
      Yup still going even if only four of us now. see you in the morning.

Comment

Well, What a day!

What can I say, thank you Growler and co for a very pleasant days driving.

Absolutely perfect weather, perfect company and a perfect combination of water, mud, rock, gates, holes, hills, trees, low branches, grumpy walkers, happy-to-see-us walkers, 3 wheel antics, brown trouser moments, little bit of wee moments, angry farmers, and the occasional wrong turn

If I could have made it any better, I would have been driving a V8. Thats it. Bring on the next one!

John (& Dad Rob)

PS Will post how many scratches don't polish off tomorrow.... methinks it may be a few!
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I'll let the pics do the talking....

a video clip to follow..Ross!
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Don't cry, I was behind Ross for a while, and he treated that truck with utmost, erm, errrr, ermm, ughh, ooohhhh, aaahhh "respect" that it deserves!! AWESOME truck and AWESOME V8 mate!

As clarkson says...

"...POWWWWER!..."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Vid of Hiroler....

www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Vid of Wolfracer

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                    Strange how that water looks significantly deeper when I go through it compared to Ross!
                    Need another lift "hit" soon!
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Great pics and vids guys, wish I could have made it

peace
                      cal
                      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

• Some good lanes much better than I was expecting to be honest! Big thanks to Growler for leading the group. If possible can you forward me the mm overlay. Will get the pics off my phone tomorrow

Comment

• looks like you had good weather for it! and some good pics and vids!

Ross you should come to bala on Nov7th there are some nice puddles like that to play in!
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

• First chance I've had to get on here since last Saturday.

All I can say is "Wow", what a fantastic day.
                            I don't think I can think of any way it could have been better.

Thank you to Andy for taking the time to prepare and lead us around.
                            and
                            thanks to Pete for the MM routes and planning the 1st half of the journey.

Not sure which I liked better your route or the TOR route.
                            Only shame was that we couldn't finish the entire route.

Nonetheless, 60 miles off-road isn't bad for a autumn day.
                            Will definitely be doing that one again and cant wait for the next instalment of "Growler's days out in and around, but not quite in Wales"

Great to meet you and your dad John and as always, great company Ross.
                            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                              What can I say, thank you Growler and co for a very pleasant days driving.
                              Absolutely perfect weather, perfect company and a perfect combination of water, mud, rock, gates, holes, hills, trees, low branches, grumpy walkers, happy-to-see-us walkers, 3 wheel antics, brown trouser moments, little bit of wee moments, angry farmers, and the occasional wrong turn
                              If I could have made it any better, I would have been driving a V8. Thats it. Bring on the next one!
                              John (& Dad Rob) :
                              Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                              Some good lanes much better than I was expecting to be honest! Big thanks to Growler for leading the group. If possible can you forward me the mm overlay. Will get the pics off my phone tomorrow
                              Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                              First chance I've had to get on here since last Saturday.
                              All I can say is "Wow", what a fantastic day.
                              I don't think I can think of any way it could have been better.
                              Thank you to Andy for taking the time to prepare and lead us around.
                              and thanks to Pete for the MM routes and planning the 1st half of the journey.
                              Cheers Guys, just glad it turned out OK and everyone enjoyed themselves. Will definitely be keeping this mmo at the top of the pile.

John was good to meet you and Rob, and say thanks to him for all the gate closing he did.

Good mix of lanes from easy and scenic, to narrow and scratchy with a couple of decent steep rocky inclines thrown in, along with a decent axle twister and plenty of water. Although a little more rain would have helped the later

Can't believe we were on the go for nearly 9 hours from start to finish, and still had 3 or 4 more lanes left on the route. May have to look at splitting it over two days next time and throw a couple more lanes in as well.

Have got to say the "Trainee Navigator" / gate opener worked out quite well and seemed to enjoy herself to boot. Big thanks to the missus for standing in at the last moment making my life so much easier

Ran into this little thing nearer to the end of the day

Rest of the pics can be found Here

Comment

• Looked stunning terrain Andy n Nice Pics ...

Jess
                                "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                                X