Matlock/Derbyshire Greenlanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matlock/Derbyshire Greenlanes

Hi, does anyone regularly use this area for greenlane trips? I've been on a few Land Rover forums and apparently there's a few decent lanes around this area, but I have little experience in reading the OS maps to figure out where they are and would like to have a bit of a go with someone who knew what they were doing and maybe learn a bit about navigating myself.
    There would be two of us interested, we have a surf and a landcruiser between us.
    we wouldn't be able to go weekends but if anyones off in the week or evenings we'd really like to come with you.
    thanks
    Dan

Hi Oneidadan, i'm in Somercotes, and also want to get going on some trips. theres a few of us, my Surf, a lifted Maverick, an early '70's Landy and a Disco..

We went up to Edale, some great ones up there, also Two Dales, and Stone Edge (Stanage)

Just want to find out about loads more, and where we can n can't go.

PM me if ya wanna get together dude, or we should try and sort something for loads of us on here?
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

I would be up for a trip out let me know a place and a time

Comment

i went out today with the mates listed in my post above, to Two Dales (Darley Dale, Matlock) and Birchover, and found some amazing ones, nothing that will knacker the old boat but still a bit tricky, really good fun, will get some vids n pics up soon..

think a day of polishing is in order tomo now!!
        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Hi that sounds great, we'd love to tag along if we could. We can go in the evenings or we are off in the week usually mondays, tuesdays, fridays if you can get then.
          We are new to greenlaning if that's OK with you but we are responsible and eager to learn more about it.
          Thanks for the replies
          Dan

Comment

Dan, we are in the same boat my friend, not exactly experts ourselves!

Been out today again, went to Monsall Head, near Bakewell, really cool ones up there. Been looking for Stanage Edge but can't frickin find it! We've been really close today, top of Slack Hill (between Chez n Matlock) n found a monster! My mate in his Maverick dared it - i didnt!
            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Sounds great fun, will you putting up any videos of the lanes?

Comment

Great to hear the old girl is going to get some serious use. Post pics up when you've been out Dan.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Great to hear the old girl is going to get some serious use. Post pics up when you've been out Dan.
                  Hopefully we'll be starting to get out and about more. My friend has just bought a Landcruiser Amazon so we'll be able to go places in the week together, we just need experience of laning first.
                  We're also planning a trip to Norway next year so that should be good.

Comment

Hello again, we are planning a trip out this Friday (16th), does anyone know of any greenlaning routes in the Midlands? We have have some OS maps of some areas.
                    We were hoping to get Memory Map on a laptop but doesn't look like it's going to happen before Friday.
                    Any suggestions welcome

Comment

i have been up and over many lanes in the Monsall area, but I was only following a good friend in a well prepped Nissan.
                      I also agree there are some great lanes in that area.
                      Did you do the ford crossing through the water, ?
                      There was nothing damaging, so I felt good.

'vette

Comment

That looks great when did you go?

Comment

aah! Monsall Head, we go up n down that one quite a bit, i like the grass bit at the top with all the steep ramps, good fun!
                          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X