Salisbury Play Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had this from Linda..........

"Just spoke to Dave (he works for the army) and he said that next couple of weeks are not good for Plains romping as the army are doing a lot of work on the trails, and also theres a lot of manouvers going on.

Obviously, they shouldn't stop you if you are on proper byways, but you need to 100% certain that you don't stray as they WILL and have arrested people for being places they shouldnt. If you have GPS and a good map you shd be ok, and be very polite if they do stop you... "

Ok so the plains may not be such a good idea, still going out salisbury way, possibly south of the A303.

Anyone still interested?
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Play day

I'm still up for it, as long as the beastie is back from the garage (complete with brand new head!).

I'm going to Beaulie on the Saturday, and camping out somewhere that night, then prob head for the meeting point on Sunday
      I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Sorry peeps - I've been told that I'm taking the aluminium shed over Oxford way for the weekend I'll just have to take a few bottles of Rhone to console myself
        Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Danno, still up for it but it sounds like the 2 or possibly 3 of us!

Comment

2's good three better MORE would be nice!!

Ok. Lets say 9am at Pepperbox Hill Carpark?

If you dont know, its southeast of Salisbury on the A36. Go up the dual carriageway. When the road goes to single lane at the brow of the hill, there is a small sign on the left for Pepperbox Hill and Byway. Thats where the car park is.

See you there

Hope the truck is back in time Matt!
            I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Camp out

Me too! I'm on holiday from Friday, so will probably be camping out that night, but will see you then if I'm surfing again!

Will find out very soon!
              I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Danno do you have a route planned and maps? Is it worth me getting a OS map for Sunday?

Comment

I've got the Landranger maps from West Wilts to East Hants so no probs there. If you want to get some then get Landranger 184 ( Salisbury and Plains ) and poss. 185 ( Winchester, Andover and Basingstoke ).

As for routes I haven't really done any south of the A303, but lots towards Andover - Winchester - Alton. So we can try some new ones and take it from there if you like.

If time I would like to reccy some new routes for the Offroad Routes site (www.offroadroutes.net)

Should be nice and muddy after all this rain so we'll have a laugh!!
                  I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

I assume we're still on for tomorrow - see you both there

Comment

Working...
                    X