Ireland members meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland members meet

Robbie has arranged a trip to an offroading site in Kells, Meath this Saturday 6th June at 3pm. Its €30 for whatever time you're there. Details are to follow...

He's goin in his '94 3ltr with a friend whos drivin up from Cork. I'll either go with him or in my own with a bit of luck.

**edit** 'members' of what I dont know, anyone with a 4x4 is what I mean

Damn it, I'm heading to Killarney with the g/f for the long weekend. Gonna miss this one!

Comment

no problem, you go to Kells and I'll take your girlfriend to Killarney - no bother

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
        no problem, you go to Kells and I'll take your girlfriend to Killarney - no bother

good one Jim!!!

Sorry, but she's stayin with me...

Comment

Robbie has arranged a trip to an offroading site in Kells, Meath this Saturday 6th June at 3pm. Its €30 for whatever time you're there. Details are to follow...

He's goin in his '94 3ltr with a friend whos drivin up from Cork. I'll either go with him or in my own with a bit of luck.

**edit** 'members' of what I dont know, anyone with a 4x4 is what I mean
          Sounds good, pretty sure I'm free this Sat, will let ye know later today.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I'll be there. Have to try this baby out!
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Count me in .......... Finally!!!!!
              Maurice

Comment

Ok, thats four.Can we arrange a meeting point and time or else we'll be driving around Kells for hours.
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Been thinkin bout a few places in Kells but - how bout we group up on the forecourt of Toyota main dealers (Malones) in Navan! Its on the Kells rd out from Navan 1 mile on the RHS. Between 2.30 and 3pm.

Comment

Been thinkin bout a few places in Kells but - how bout we group up on the forecourt of Toyota main dealers (Malones) in Navan! Its on the Kells rd out from Navan 1 mile on the RHS. Between 2.30 and 3pm.
                    Sounds good to me!
                    Maurice

Comment

I'll be there, so i will!
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                        I'll be there, so i will!
                        And so he was !! big brute

1st of all the venue was in general a flat dry field with ditches around the edges so ... in the nature of an offroad group we gravitated immediately towards the fringes like camels to an oasis where the remains of historic waterways could be found.

So seen as there was no access thru this gap in the hedge Brian in his paj decided to create one

but he had to be towed out of course ... cheeky pajer's

In the meantime Delboy was doin a bit of posin over in the corner

Also Maurice was found avoiding the dirt sneaking around the back:

After an hour of pullin donuts and hammering the one spot on the course which the owner told us to avoid coz the '4Trak finds it hard there' Robbie reckons the gap where Brian got stuck was the one he had to get thru seen as no-one had been there before so this happened:

and his front-left wheel looked like this

so we tried to pull him out like this:

and in the process we bent his panhard

because the mud was this deep at the front:

but eventually a same tractor came to pull him out

and all he could think of doing was having another go again:

so the tractor pulled him out again and this was the carnage to a previously virgin ditch:

Last edited by JimL; 5 June 2004, 23:27.

Comment

Ah, the memories. A $hite day was had by all!
                          Derek :
                          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                            Ah, the memories. A $hite day was had by all!
                            Yea, but when & where next ????
                            Maurice

Comment

Back to the Curragh. Lot of hills, water & sheep, all for FREE.
                              Derek :
                              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X