what do you all think to this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you all think to this?

Had a thought dont know if done on here before but if people think a good idea think it needs KOI or some one to add a section for green lanes open / closed

as i dont really like to have to pay for land rover owners mag to get the green lanes open not for the price but peolpe then think i own one!
    if we can get a data base of open / closed lanes then more fun for all and im sure there are a few of you out here with lots of lanes written down etc and dont know how to post them, well it is as easy as ever

WAY TO DO AS FEATURED BELOW

open a photobucket account or similar

then go to http://www.streetmap.co.uk and put in the OS coords, town road name etc in the enter box and should see the green lane set scale to 1-25000 as thats explorer size on the OS map

then use the most under rated programme on your computer paint! (found in accessories) 1st press the button print screen on key board then open paint and paste (you may have to move the position bars to get the angle you need) then crop the pic you need using tool bar on left hand side
    then open paint again and paste what you cut out in there ( you may have to do this more than once if road sraddles two screens) then save as JPEG

upload to photobucket. once uploaded copy the IMG address (put cursor on pic and drop down menu appears its the 4th one IMG)

then when writting thread go to insert image and pop in the image address and the the map should then appear in the finished text (have to preview message to see pic)

job is a goodun

not wanting to patronise anyone on the above but i didnt know how to do it till someone told me just so every one can post the green lanes in the below format!

on map 256 wrexham & llangollen

(drop the 3 from the front of each number when looking on OS map if you didnt know)

OS Coords 321000 340000

OS Coords 323000 340000

OS Coords 237000 340000

OS Coords 322000 338000

can poeple tell me if these ore open etc???
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797
Working...
X