Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wales

Hi, me and my lady friend are wanting to go to Wales this Bank Holiday weekend for some camping. Being as i've just bought my Surf, i thought we'd try to combine the two...
    I want to find out whether there is any off roading to be had around the Brecon Beacons area and if it would be possible to combine it with a night or two's camping. We thought of the Brecon Beacons because we're in Berkshire and it's an area relatively close to us. But if anyone has any ideas of anywhere else in Wales that isn't too far away from us that has good scenery/off roading, then suggestions would be welcome. We wouldn't rule out North Wales either.

Cheers in advance.

Off roading on my own is partly the reason why I am Idiot of the Year 2007.

I'd advise against it.

However, if you go to Erwlon Campsite Llandovery (absolutely A1 quality, 20 miles past Brecon on the A40) you can use this as a base to do Strata Florida, Ceiriog Forest and some stunning mountain tracks, if you insist!

And you can scoot across to Brecon as well.

Mail me for more info if you want.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Give Wales another month to dry out first!

Poxy weather, it's August ferchrisssakes!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Give Wales another month to dry out first!

Poxy weather, it's August ferchrisssakes!!
        I blame you Vince, you blinked and missed summer !!!

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post

However, if you go to Erwlon Campsite Llandovery (absolutely A1 quality, 20 miles past Brecon on the A40)

Best campsite I have ever been too, with the nicest owners / workers highly recommened by me as well.
          I Love Wales

Comment

if anyone is around brecon in wales over the weekend then i am going up to collect a truck to bring home so give us a wave
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              if anyone is around brecon in wales over the weekend then i am going up to collect a truck to bring home so give us a wave
              Ooh, you'll be coming past me then, wanna cuppa?

Comment

could do with a stop off Vince.i'll give you a ring when i know what day i'm travelling and a rough time i'll be there
                its talgarth powys i will be heading for if thats any help to where i'll be going
                Last edited by stormforce; 19 August 2008, 22:10.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  could do with a stop off Vince.i'll give you a ring when i know what day i'm travelling and a rough time i'll be there
                  OK, cool. We're about an hour south from Brecon, just off the M4 J28. Don't forget it's now £5.30 to get into Wales!

My post code if you need it..
                  Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 3 September 2008, 21:04.

Comment

OK, cool. We're about an hour south from Brecon, just off the M4 J28. Don't forget it's now £5.30 to get into Wales!

My post code if you need it..NP11 5JY
                    thanks Vince speak to you soon

Comment

My post code if you need it..NP11 5JY
                      Hi Bushwhacker, we must be neighbours! My postcode is NP11 7NZ. I am also just off the M4 J28 and have moved last week to a place called Watsville, near Cross Keys.

If anyone is meeting up this weekend I would be up for coming along and saying hi. Only issue is my A/T tyres are still back in Dorset, if something is going to happen this weekend let me know and i'll go get 'em :-)

Comment

Originally posted by stefanw View Post
                        Hi Bushwhacker, we must be neighbours! My postcode is NP11 7NZ. I am also just off the M4 J28 and have moved last week to a place called Watsville, near Cross Keys.

If anyone is meeting up this weekend I would be up for coming along and saying hi. Only issue is my A/T tyres are still back in Dorset, if something is going to happen this weekend let me know and i'll go get 'em :-)

I'm in Abercarn about four minutes away from you.. Wattsville, quite a bit different from Bournemouth eh?

Nothing happening this week-end, just offering Stormforce a bit of R&R on his way to Brecon from Cornwall.

What truck do you have then? maybe I've seen it. You've probably heard mine when I go to the tip just off the big round-a-bout.

Comment

I'll be in Wales (Saundersfoot) for a week from Saturday. The weather's looking like being better, but we have a holiday cottage just incase!
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            I'll be in Wales (Saundersfoot) for a week from Saturday. The weather's looking like being better, but we have a holiday cottage just incase!
                            Nice, thats near Tenby that is.
                            Will you be visiting Oakwood park and the historic Pendine sands?

Comment

I'm in Abercarn about four minutes away from you.. Wattsville, quite a bit different from Bournemouth eh?

Nothing happening this week-end, just offering Stormforce a bit of R&R on his way to Brecon from Cornwall.

What truck do you have then? maybe I've seen it. You've probably heard mine when I go to the tip just off the big round-a-bout.
                              I have a drak blue J reg 3.0 TD Surf, 2" higher suspension and tinted rear windows. I have seen a few surfs about the area, good to know at least of them is on here!

I only moved in 2 weeks ago so still finding out what there is locally in terms of going off road. If your ever about and fancy a treck out let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X