Eastnor Castle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastnor Castle

Had a fun day out at the LRW show on saturday, main part of the visit being taken up with going round the LR test track. Took my 2 lads and the eldest's girlfriend for support. Here's a couple of pic's to show what it was like

Started with a nice little hillock

And then moved on into the forest were the going got a little sticky

Had a bit of a delay at one section whilst we watched a couple of Disco's failing to get up a hill after a sharp turn at the bottom. Both then had to be winched up to the top. With a queue forming behind us, I am pleased to say that Growler held its own and took us round and up with no external assistance

After conquering both this section and the next, after the Disco in front was towed out again, we ran into a small problem as the truck grounded on the centre keeping one of the rears off the track. It was at this point I had to yield as I had completely dug in and was going nowhere without a little assistance from a winch.

It would appear we were the last truck to attempt that part of the route and they were going to take the section out until they could fill in the ruts to make it passable again. Once past this little hiccup it was plain(ish) sailing to the end of the course.

All in all a good day out was had by all, next year I need to go back with 33's fitted instead of the 31's just glad they were MT's though courtesy of Carl (The Lang-Shankit Scunner)

And finally a couple of end of day shots

Last edited by Growler; 8 June 2008, 23:23.

Nice to see you got to drive it. Normally they dont let anyone but Landrover use it (it's their test track).

How come you got a go?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Nice to see you got to drive it. Normally they dont let anyone but Landrover use it (it's their test track).

How come you got a go?
      They were holding the Land Rover World magazine show over the weekend and opened up 3 seperate courses for people to book a drive on. I just booked a session over their web site and they don't ask which vehicle your driving. They had some photographers in various places so I'm hoping I may get Growler on their web site

I was on the intermediate route, but there was also a beginners and an extreme available. The extreme requires the trucks to be better kitted out and has a high risk of vehicle damage.

Comment

I drove there years ago in a Defender 130 crew cab. Was pretty impressive!

It was part of the advanced offroad driving course that Solihull used to run. A day at Solihull on the concrete ramps and stuff, then a day at Eastnor. Was pretty useful, and work paid!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          I drove there years ago in a Defender 130 crew cab. Was pretty impressive!

It was part of the advanced offroad driving course that Solihull used to run. A day at Solihull on the concrete ramps and stuff, then a day at Eastnor. Was pretty useful, and work paid!
          And what an enjoyable couple of days it must have been, especially with work picking up the bill. shame i can't get mine to do the same

Comment

looks like fun

Comment

I just did a 2 day 'Professional Drivers' course at Eastnor, work paid for that too. Its tough at the top sometimes. Staying in a posh hotel in Ledbury was also quite demanding, still the full breakfast soaked up the previous nights lager quite well. Thanks work!
              Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Ledbury and Posh are not words that I've heard used together before

Comment

Yeah good point.
                  Let me rephrase, Staying in the most expensive hotel I could find in Ledbury was also quite demanding....
                  Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Working...
                  X