X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your views on SIM (Surfin In Maroc)

hello all,

I wud like your views on SIM - Surfin In Maroc
    Me and a surfin mate of mine are going to maroc next year (march/april 2009) for a 14 day trip.
    Now we hav spoken to a company that organises tours there and seems very good.

Have a look at their little movie, the site is in Dutch I am sorry but the movie speaks for itself.

http://www.4x4marokko.nl/?action=promotiefilm

make sure u watch the whole thing..... lol

Anyway the cost are:

about £325 per person for the first 7 days in Maroc.
    (based on ur own surf with a min of 2 people in it)
    This is including food, drink and camping.

Diesel is only like £0.50 per litre so that is not bad either.
    There will be max 10 trucks, the tourguide's hilux and the supplies truck.

Then there are another 7 days through the Atlas Mountains.
    The second 7 days we will hav a guide but hav to arrange our own food and drink, we'll just bush-camp so no reall costs there.
    The guide will cost about £50 per car as far as we know.

So all together the trip will be 3 weeks, from here to Maroc and back will be a week and 14 days in Maroc.

Well then let me know if anyone is up for this so we can get organising it proper..

Surf 1: TobyJug & Jasper
    Surf 2:
    Surf 3:
    Surf 4:
    Surf 5:
    Surf 6:
    Surf 7:
    Surf 8:
    Surf 9:
    Surf 10:

One day at the time I guess..

Surf in Morocco

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
    hello all,

I wud like your views on SIM - Surfin In Maroc
    Me and a surfin mate of mine are going to maroc next year (march/april 2009) for a 14 day trip.
    Now we hav spoken to a company that organises tours there and seems very good.

Have a look at their little movie, the site is in Dutch I am sorry but the movie speaks for itself.

http://www.4x4marokko.nl/?action=promotiefilm

make sure u watch the whole thing..... lol

Anyway the cost are:

about £325 per person for the first 7 days in Maroc.
    (based on ur own surf with a min of 2 people in it)
    This is including food, drink and camping.

Diesel is only like £0.50 per litre so that is not bad either.
    There will be max 10 trucks, the tourguide's hilux and the supplies truck.

Then there are another 7 days through the Atlas Mountains.
    The second 7 days we will hav a guide but hav to arrange our own food and drink, we'll just bush-camp so no reall costs there.
    The guide will cost about £50 per car as far as we know.

So all together the trip will be 3 weeks, from here to Maroc and back will be a week and 14 days in Maroc.

Well then let me know if anyone is up for this so we can get organising it proper..

Surf 2:
    Surf 3:
    Surf 4:
    Surf 5:
    Surf 6:
    Surf 7:
    Surf 8:
    Surf 9:
    Surf 10:

Sounds very tempting but I went there 3 times within the last 5 years, so I am not sure if my wife is ready for another one just now.
    Also, rest assure that you do not need any guide to go through Morocco.
    A good trip preparation paired with a set of good maps & GPS as well as a well prepared Surf will take you all the down and back up with no sweat.
    Life there is indeed much cheaper than in the UK and in 14 days you can do quite a few things.
    Should you want some info about itinerary, let me know (go on the unfinished website registered on my profile).
    Surfing the dunes

Comment

Originally posted by tibshelby View Post
      Sounds very tempting but I went there 3 times within the last 5 years, so I am not sure if my wife is ready for another one just now.
      Also, rest assure that you do not need any guide to go through Morocco.
      A good trip preparation paired with a set of good maps & GPS as well as a well prepared Surf will take you all the down and back up with no sweat.
      Life there is indeed much cheaper than in the UK and in 14 days you can do quite a few things.
      Should you want some info about itinerary, let me know (go on the unfinished website registered on my profile).
      ok cool will do this afternoon.
      My mate has done a dakar rally there a few months ago.
      Not sure about the second guide but the first 7 days that is a reall good trip....
      anyway will look on ur site and pm u later..
      thanks mate

Comment

Sounds great. Would like to see a full write up after the event as it sounds like one I'd like to do. Good price too! Would join you but I am already going to the Pyrenees next year so Vicki would have my b***s on a plate if i added this one
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Sounds great. Would like to see a full write up after the event as it sounds like one I'd like to do. Good price too! Would join you but I am already going to the Pyrenees next year so Vicki would have my b***s on a plate if i added this one
          aslong as she dont stick a fork in them while they on a plate you'll be ok m8

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            yeha I remember u saying u are away then,
            hehe maybe we shud do it a little later then august/september...
            I will get the full details ready soon lol

Comment

Definately up for a serious trip next year torn between moroco and norway
              www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Hey mr jug. Please can you hurry and post up more details. I might well be into a bit of this m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                  Definately up for a serious trip next year torn between moroco and norway
                  well go on maroco it is.......

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                  Hey mr jug. Please can you hurry and post up more details. I might well be into a bit of this m8.
                  hey mate sorry for the late reply....
                  the route will be posted soon I have had some things going on that needed dealing with....

we are now also looking for more serious dates around easter next year...
                  any idea what wud be good for anyone?

Comment

I need to know more about prices really. So i can work out how long its going take me to save up. Then i will be able to give more of an idea of a date.

Comment

Not sure you need a guide for the atlas mountains, been there best to go straight over the hill to wozazat (prob spelt wrong) very nice place
                      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                        I need to know more about prices really. So i can work out how long its going take me to save up. Then i will be able to give more of an idea of a date.
                        rite well then we are putting our heads together this week to get things more final...(routes, guides, sleeping etc..)
                        I will post some prices and cost over the weekend so u can let me know dates... then we can get this trip more serious on the way....

I cant wait allready.... wanna go now...

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                          Not sure you need a guide for the atlas mountains, been there best to go straight over the hill to wozazat (prob spelt wrong) very nice place
                          Hey Tiger yeah so I have heard..
                          I know a girl who is from there and it looks like she might come and show us some reall nice places....
                          and it wont cost us a thing.... lol

also I hav a good plotter on the satnav so we shud be ok lol
                          I will let u know about the route very soon.... what dates wud suit u?

Deffo's:

Surf 2:
                          Surf 3:
                          Surf 4:
                          Surf 5:
                          Surf 6:
                          Surf 7:
                          Surf 8:
                          Surf 9:
                          Surf 10:

Interested:

Surf 1: Beast + ?
                          Surf 2: Tiger + ?
                          Surf 3:
                          Surf 4:
                          Surf 5:
                          Last edited by TobyJug; 31 May 2008, 12:04.

Comment

Rite then we have been calculating for the last few days and come to some sort of prices for now...

If we do the trip the first week over there at £325 per person based on 2 per truck and no guide the second week as I have just gotten an inside route from someone (specified later, am putting the whole route together)

If someone is stuck for another person in the truck my little sister is coming too if she can fit in a truck....as mine is full of gear...and I migh know someone else to come too..

The whole trip works out at about 5000 miles.
                            That does sound bad fuel wise but the diesel in marocco is only 43 pence per litre at the moment..

We recon that the whole trip including food, drink, camping and diesel works out at about £500 per person without fuel...
                            but the costs can be shared per truck..

To get these costs down I am speaking to a person about a route for the first week without a guide as I can get a good route mapped out for us.
                            This would save about £200 per person so I think that might be better let me know what u think...

So then it would be about £300 per person for both weeks without fuel..

Comment

That doesn't sound to bad, my only problem will be getting the time off work and getting permission of the missus Got no probs going without a guide ive driven in some pretty remote places on my own and ended up havin the best adventures.
                              www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X