off road army base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off road army base

since someone/s are nicely organising this forum so stuff is easier to find now, im posting here. but it probably wont be read lol

the first week i bought my surf i went with a load of land rover people off surrey 4x4 forum to an event they were all going to at an army base down the A3.
    the place was massive, and you were free to do what you like, go where you like within the massive area. so many hills to go up and down, and the ground was mainly sandy with muddy bits in too. there was pockets of tree'd areas that you could also go through.

the area was/is a tank testing ground and there are disused tanks and army vehicles dotted about the place as well.

if no one knows of this place, is anyone interested in coming with me if i find the details?
    last time i went it was ALL land rovers, with the exception of a land cruiser.

i think this place is quite good because the ground is sandy. my truck was below standard height at that time and i never got stuck (unlike the landrovers) my bash plate did its job and i never got any damage to my truck what soever.
    i would recommend this place for complete beginners as well as people that are more daring and dont mind rolling their surf or going through tank puddles!

i think the price for the day was £10 per car...
    so if people are interested, i will find out more
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    since someone/s are nicely organising this forum so stuff is easier to find now, im posting here. but it probably wont be read lol

the first week i bought my surf i went with a load of land rover people off surrey 4x4 forum to an event they were all going to at an army base down the A3.
    the place was massive, and you were free to do what you like, go where you like within the massive area. so many hills to go up and down, and the ground was mainly sandy with muddy bits in too. there was pockets of tree'd areas that you could also go through.

the area was/is a tank testing ground and there are disused tanks and army vehicles dotted about the place as well.

if no one knows of this place, is anyone interested in coming with me if i find the details?
    last time i went it was ALL land rovers, with the exception of a land cruiser.

i think this place is quite good because the ground is sandy. my truck was below standard height at that time and i never got stuck (unlike the landrovers) my bash plate did its job and i never got any damage to my truck what soever.
    i would recommend this place for complete beginners as well as people that are more daring and dont mind rolling their surf or going through tank puddles!

i think the price for the day was £10 per car...
    so if people are interested, i will find out more
    If its off the A3 that will be Longmore camp... didnt know they opened it up to the public ....
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
      If its off the A3 that will be Longmore camp... didnt know they opened it up to the public ....
      dont think it was that... i will look
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

okay this looks like the exact place we went to:

http://maps.google.com

grid reference 51.109585, -0.874743
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Slab Common?
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
            Slab Common?
            THATS THE ONE!

is that what i found on the googlemap?

are you interested?

we need to show the land rovers up!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Slab Common?
              mmmmmmmmm not been there
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Dunno, recognised the name from reading about various events held at Slab Common near Bordon in Hampshire went to the map and saw Bordon and thought it was a pretty safe bet that's where you was on about. Yeah i'll be game for almost anything offroad - soon as i get all this training out the way and can start earning money.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                  mmmmmmmmm not been there
                  so you up for it
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Dunno, recognised the name from reading about various events held at Slab Common near Bordon in Hampshire went to the map and saw Bordon and thought it was a pretty safe bet that's where you was on about. Yeah i'll be game for almost anything offroad - soon as i get all this training out the way and can start earning money.
                    i want to do a couple of things to the truck before the next off road day.. so wont be for a month yet
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I'm in that area and would definately be interested assuming I could make the date
                      Darren

Comment

Interested? £10? hell yeah!!!!!
                        Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

talking of slab common, this threads liteally been posted on KLASS this evening http://www.klassociation.proboards79...e=1#1203448295

Looks good to me.

Done a bit moe looking about and it seems AWDC use three sites very close together around Bordon - Slab common + the hogmoor enclosure appear to be pretty much next to each other, then broxhead common the other side of the village.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

i think its a good all-rounder. i went in my sub standard surf, and never got stuck and had a good time but played it safe as well.

i was following a group of land rovers and a jeep with a super lift and monster wheels, we were going where the tanks go and you couldnt see how deep it was. i decided to stay to the right so that i missed it and it was way too deep for the landy!

lots of people getting stuck if they decided to be that extreme. as you can see from the google map, there is loads of open space, but in this open space there is massive hills and tracks to follow.

Q. why doesnt the forum email you when you have replies to your topic any more?
                            answers on a postcard
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                              Q. why doesnt the forum email you when you have replies to your topic any more?
                              answers on a postcard
                              It does me, check the thread supscription settings in your USER CP
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X