Cornish Tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornish Tracks

Met up with Captain Chaos, Pirate Storm & Drunkmonkeyboy to check out some possible tracks to use.

Of the 4 we looked at 2 are driveable the other 2 either private or gone

First track was done by me & Drunkmonkeyboy and is good fun, relativly easy but with a few rocky bits to climb up.

Second track was fine until the bit after the ford, then I couldn't get enough traction on the rocks to get up, managed to bend bull bars as I hit the rocks on the edge of the track. Had to reverse back down, during which Captain Chaos managed to bend front of his truck as he dropped into a large dip. Might be possible to do track the other way though.

Crossed back over the ford and followed other part of track with no problem. Drunkmonkeyboy tried to get up a shortcut but failed.

Looked at a couple more tracks but both no go then had to call it a day as Drunkmonkeyboy decided that coolant is better on the road than in the radiator

Day ended with Captain Chaos heading into Looe, Pirate Storm heading home and me following Drunkmonkeyboy back to make sure he made it without overheating

He did

Get home ok that is

Pics are here http://picasaweb.google.com/gerbilsnest/OffRoad71107
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

oh n did you add the bit where you need l n r on ya wellies cause you didnt know left from right lol

n jason ought to stop all that smoking aswell saying it was steam lol
    good day though m8 i enjoyed it
    Last edited by pirate-storm; 7 November 2007, 16:16.

Comment

Drunkmonkeyboys pics are here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38484
      My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Must say Will, the skull looks cool with the bull bars fitted m8, nice one!!
        And those lanes look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! When r u going there again?

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
          Must say Will, the skull looks cool with the bull bars fitted m8, nice one!!
          And those lanes look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! When r u going there again?

dont think i will m8 as kev dont know his left from his right no youd love it m8 i dont mind the lanes at st-just but where we was today i would think if you dont do it right you could i said could not would have a little damage. think around that area be ok if you working as i dont work money a little tight but then i panic at alot of things as you know m8. but had a really nice time with good company n the river crossing was good but if i take my time i might be ok with it where we was today .

Comment

Awesome pics, is that the Glyn valley. @piratestorm I dont remember the bullbar when we met at stormforces earlier this year. Looks damn good though

Comment

Originally posted by phil1234
              Awesome pics, is that the Glyn valley. @piratestorm I dont remember the bullbar when we met at stormforces earlier this year. Looks damn good though
              hi phil not sure where it is but it between looe n fowey we all met at duloe then went from there. no i didnt have bars then m8 just had them put on while @tony's as he was doing some jobs on skull yippeee still no oil leaks now lol

Comment

great photos there kev,
                those lanes look good,
                wouldnt mind trying them myself,
                next time you go give me a shout,
                were off to totnes this sunday if you fancied a day out,
                the more surfs the better,
                all are welcome,
                just hope it rains to make it abit more fun,
                bring on the mud,

Comment

Hi Lee

Next time we go I'll give you a shout. Didn't finalise trip till 9ish last night.

Will give you a call Sat if coming on Sunday, will depend on whether kids stay over or not sat night.

Got some more tracks to look at down that way as well, as well as a couple a bit closer

Think you would have made it up the rocks with the diff locks, just us mortals with standard setup spin up too much
                  My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                    dont think i will m8 as kev dont know his left from his right no youd love it m8 i dont mind the lanes at st-just but where we was today i would think if you dont do it right you could i said could not would have a little damage. think around that area be ok if you working as i dont work money a little tight but then i panic at alot of things as you know m8. but had a really nice time with good company n the river crossing was good but if i take my time i might be ok with it where we was today .
                    Thought you did fine, especialy as you had to lead for a while. Didn't notice any panic at all.

Me and mike have decided though that you could well be cornwall's version of captain sensible off topgear
                    My other cars a QUAD

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
                      Thought you did fine, especialy as you had to lead for a while. Didn't notice any panic at all.

Me and mike have decided though that you could well be cornwall's version of captain sensible off topgear
                      ???????? now youve totally lost me?

Comment

well i would be happy to postpone the totnes trip this sunday,
                        and go where you went,
                        just becauase its a new lane to me,
                        definately not done that one yet ?
                        looks good,
                        i look forward to hearing from you saturday,
                        have you been to that place down richards way,
                        baldhu,
                        i went there last sunday,
                        i loved it,
                        great place,
                        didnt struggle to get round anything but did miss out the water pool,
                        seen a suzuki go through and struggled to get out,
                        and the locals were well friendly,
                        went down with another surf,
                        and we had a great day,
                        maybe go back there next week and take down me new toy,
                        i bought a shogun ?
                        ive modified it slightly like the surf and it performs very well,
                        only problem is,
                        its been on the road just over a week and its been on its side twice now,
                        not due to any faults just the nutter behind the wheel,
                        due to the fact that its 180 bhp,
                        it does go very well,
                        just loves petrol stations,
                        doesnt go anywhere that the surf cant go with the diff locks on,
                        just has the slight advantage being a swb,
                        i have now fitted a roll bar,
                        as i dont think that it will be the last time it goes on its side,
                        just hope that next time it goes over someone gets it on video,

Comment

that water pool is a deep one and most motors that go thru it apparently only get out by being towed out but is good fun tho.
                          Baldhu is a good place and you can go anywhere you want around there and make your own tracks,theres something there for everyone i think
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

yes i thought that it was great,
                            a little suzuki went through the water pool and nearly got stuck,
                            you may even know him black jeep bloke called martin,
                            works in london but lives around there,a local lad,
                            he showed us around and was impressed with where the surf went,
                            went up the steep hill at the back in the wet no problems at all,
                            first time,even the suzuki had a couple of attempts at it,
                            all in all a very worth while day out,
                            pity that we missed you down there,
                            maybe could meet up soon and have a surf day there,
                            Last edited by supersurf; 8 November 2007, 12:28.

Comment

Originally posted by supersurf
                              yes i thought that it was great,
                              a little suzuki went through the water pool and nearly got stuck,
                              you may even know him black jeep bloke called martin,
                              works in london but lives around there,a local lad,
                              he showed us around and was impressed with where the surf went,
                              went up the steep hill at the back in the wet no problems at all,
                              first time,even the suzuki had a couple of attempts at it,
                              all in all a very worth while day out,
                              pity that we missed you down there,
                              maybe could meet up soon and have a surf day there,
                              theres a couple of guys interested so i'll sort a day out in a couple of weeks or so
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X