Letchworth and surrounding areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letchworth and surrounding areas

I really, really, really want to take my truck laning but want to try some easy ones first. Anyone know of any in the Letchworth area?

I've been scouring the OS maps and have found a couple near Baldock but they're closed at the moment.

Apparently there's a couple of good ones near Hitchin, and I've found one from Steppingley to Milbrook that the LandyZone boys seem to like.

Any takers...?

when are you thinking of going?
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

LOL I went out this morning cos I have today off work but found the two nearest to me (one off the A507 just outside Baldock, and one near Cromer) are currently closed.

When would be good for you?

Comment

only free weekend is 17th 18th of novemeber, sorry

Comment

No prob.

Er....isn't Hertfordshire a little out of your way?

Comment

it is a bit of a trek. But hey, it's something to do of a weekend.

Comment

I like your attitude.

Comment

There is a 40 mile route starting near welham green I will be organising a trip round it in the near future
                Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My old home town

Was brought (or is that dragged ? ) up on the Grange Estate opposite the sports pavillion

Trev

[wandering off into his memories]
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Grange Estate's about 2 minutes away from me....though, to be honest, most places in Letchworth are no more than 2 minutes away from each other.

Comment

I went out on Friday and found the one near Steppingley.

It was a lovely, little lane and ideal for a beginner; a couple of deep ruts, a couple of deep, muddy puddles and one bit where a fallen tree almost blocks the route. I did it on road tyres.

Some beautiful views and more pheasant than I have air-rifle pellets! I drove down it, then turned round and went back again. Next time, I'll remember to take the camera.

I picked up a scratch from the fallen tree that required T-Cut and got me some nag ("You've ruined the car!").

It's on OS 1:50k Region 4, or for more detail, Explorer 193: Luton and Stevenage at the extreme west side of the map.

Comment

Working...
                        X