No announcement yet.

Big trip to Wales!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christ - I know almost everyone of those pics - the wild camp is the one I was thinkng of using at the top of Strata Florida!!

Arrrgghhh

Mud - can you ring them and find out where they will be going - could be a serious jam on top of some bl00dy mountain in the middle of nowhere!
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
      Christ - I know almost everyone of those pics - the wild camp is the one I was thinkng of using at the top of Strata Florida!!

Arrrgghhh

Mud - can you ring them and find out where they will be going - could be a serious jam on top of some bl00dy mountain in the middle of nowhere!

Already emailed them last night, so will chase again today!
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

• Originally posted by MudSurfer
        Already emailed them last night, so will chase again today!
        Cheers Andy,

That nice Land Cruiser in the pics - we passed that one time we were on Sarn Helen in the summer - it is the dogs danglies!!!
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

• on the friday night if we have a bbq how are we doing it. does everyone just get together and eat there own stuff or will it be everyone just bring abit of everything. who will have the bbq? and the coals? and can someone tell me how do i keep my beer cold for the weekend? not long now woo hoo
          tommyguns

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyguns2004
            on the friday night if we have a bbq how are we doing it. does everyone just get together and eat there own stuff or will it be everyone just bring abit of everything. who will have the bbq? and the coals? and can someone tell me how do i keep my beer cold for the weekend? not long now woo hoo

dude your more excited than me!!!

do we need to put newspaper down in the corner so you can do widdles!!!

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200
              dude your more excited than me!!!

do we need to put newspaper down in the corner so you can do widdles!!!

gwh, my plan at the moment ( barring any unforseen events) is to take fri.26th off work, and leave home late morning, to arrive tea time and make camp.

What are your travel plans in regard to a small convoy?
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by plumb bob
                gwh, my plan at the moment ( barring any unforseen events) is to take fri.26th off work, and leave home late morning, to arrive tea time and make camp.

What are your travel plans in regard to a small convoy?
                same as,
                wasplanning on leaving mina about 10 ish in the morning. from mine to pease pottage (m23)about an hour.so will be on the m25 about 11.15-11.30. i did plan on stopping at the fist services on the m40,probably about1 oclock,cos am planning to meet mudsurfer a bit further up the m40 near warwick,he knows how to get where we are going ,missing the worst of the traffic.assuming as as well that tony and linda n will be going in that general direction,dont know what time though
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200
                  same as,
                  wasplanning on leaving mina about 10 ish in the morning. from mine to pease pottage (m23)about an hour.so will be on the m25 about 11.15-11.30. i did plan on stopping at the fist services on the m40,probably about1 oclock,cos am planning to meet mudsurfer a bit further up the m40 near warwick,he knows how to get where we are going ,missing the worst of the traffic.assuming as as well that tony and linda n will be going in that general direction,dont know what time though

Sounds like a plan, I've got a sat nav, so if I miss you all, I'll find my way there.
                  Last time I travelled at a steady 60mph, to conserve fuel and not put too much strain on the old girl as I had never driven more than about 50 miles in one go before then ( and had a new head fitted about 1500 miles previous) So I spent more time looking at the temp guage than the road .
                  Rob

Comment

• mine is a 100kmh as well,i will pm my phone no nearer the time anhd hopefully meet up enroute
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Ok, I'll do the same.
                      Rob

Comment

• right,
                        now IM excited

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Looks like i will be leaving after work about five ish should arrive about 8 ish in time for a few burgers and beer!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyguns2004
                            on the friday night if we have a bbq how are we doing it. does everyone just get together and eat there own stuff or will it be everyone just bring abit of everything. who will have the bbq? and the coals? and can someone tell me how do i keep my beer cold for the weekend? not long now woo hoo
                            They tend to be quite free-form, just bring some stuff to contribute.

It'll be the end of october, your beer will stay cool enough! (Unless you're one of them lady-lager drinkers)
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• Originally posted by hiroler
                              Looks like i will be leaving after work about five ish should arrive about 8 ish in time for a few burgers and beer!!
                              I'll be leaving about 4pm, so should be there easy by 6pm.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• If all goes well with the purchase of the new truck, I'll be driving that one, my mate Dan is coming (as a passenger) and if possible he'll be driving my 2.4 to my parents house where it will live for a while, so there will be 3 Surfs from the M40 area, Apache - can you remind me of the better route so I don't waste time on the M6 etc?

I'll get the details of the camp site up this weekend if possible too.

Graham - if I meet you just off the M40 - if you come off at the Leamington exit (J13 I think - I only use it everyday....) and make a right at the top of the off slip, follow the road down to Leamington - when you get to the bottom of the hill, there is a roundabout..stay in the left hand lane and go straight across - there is a huge layby on the left hand side as you head back towards the M40 - give me a call from there on 07877 88 10 12 - and I'll meet you. My house is 10 mins from there and the office about 5 - I'll need to sort Dan out on insurance etc, and leave his Exige or Elise or whatever it is at my house.....
                                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                                X