Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wales piccys

sorry it's not in the surf
    Last edited by kiowa; 24 July 2007, 15:55.
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Wow, like the dam.

Where is it?
    Wax on, wax off

Comment

Talybont?
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

The dam is Clearwen - its the big one at the top of the Elan Valley - opened by the Queen in 1952 ish.

Matt - did you get to the top of Clearwen over the mountain from Strata Florida or did you go up the Elan Valley itself??????
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

we went up through elan valley took about an hour and fourty mins to drive around the top of the lake it is huge.when we got there on the friday strata was a no go rivers were up by around 4 1/2 ft so a good chance of being washed away so we did it sat night and the rivers were still very fast but the water had dropped enough to cross.if you get chance do the lane at the bottom of the dam it is fantastic lots of water to go through we had all the cars on the main road stopped and taking pictures when we were driving it
          I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
            we went up through elan valley took about an hour and fourty mins to drive around the top of the lake it is huge.when we got there on the friday strata was a no go rivers were up by around 4 1/2 ft so a good chance of being washed away so we did it sat night and the rivers were still very fast but the water had dropped enough to cross.if you get chance do the lane at the bottom of the dam it is fantastic lots of water to go through we had all the cars on the main road stopped and taking pictures when we were driving it
            I drove around the lake in January - yup its a biggun! There used to be a track that went over the top to Strata Florida but some one applied for and got it closed.

The lane below the dam looks good - but I wasn't going in on my own!

Here's the little dam in January

And here's the same one in February

Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
            X