May 26/27 Forest Drive Lochgilphead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 26/27 Forest Drive Lochgilphead

The next Drive in the Lochgilphead Forest is now set and planned for May 26/27 as usual we will be running two options on the drive to allow all owners to take part in either one or two days. For owners of nicer vehicles option one will drive a selected choice of routes which at most may inflict a few minor scratches ....fingers crossed .
    Our second option will contain some areas which WILL cause some scratches and possibly worse , you should preferrably be running on a minimum of All Terrain tyres on this drive.a few sections on this drive are fairly demanding on your vehicle
    You can arrive on either day and pay on arrival, the meeting point has changed for this drive but will be posted up very soon on this forum. Arrival time should be between 9.15/9.30 for both days anmd when posted will be the same meeting point on either day. Cost per vehicle 1 day £25.00 or both days £35.00. Anyone needing any information of any kind campnig hotel etc can contact ianon16@tiscali.co.uk Hope we again see a good turnout from the forum. It would be of great help to drop a line to say you are coming

Can't join you this time. It's the missus's turn to play that weekend. She's walking across Scotland coast to coast in 2 days......... with a full pack! Go girl!!

Dave

Comment

You got a toyota now Ian??? Knew you'd see the light

Not sure if i'll be coming to this one
      Might be doing some work to the Surf depends if it's back in one piece by then!!!
      Last edited by smiffy; 1 May 2007, 21:28.
      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

smithy, am i going off my head or did you have a post up about this last night?

remember reading it but cant find it now.

cheers scotty

Comment

I'm going to be maybe about this, I'd love to go, but I may be going offshore on these dates. Things keep getting moved around..

Oh and Scotty, yes there was a thread about this yesterday, Fraser deleted it as there was this thread too.
          There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

[QUOTE=scotty]smithy, am i going off my head or did you have a post up about this last night?

Sorry for interupting this thread lads and lassies didnt mean to Have Smithy think I was butting in I had originally come on to add the meeting point for the next drive. I got a bit sidetracked and copied the thread from another site we usually post the drives on. The meeting point for the drive is as follows Leave Inverary as usual, pass Furnace , Minard and our usual entry point of Birdfield wood. Carry on untill you pass the Lochgair Hotel and 1.5 miles farther on your right you will see our approach and entry point signs. Gps Reads NR 91810- 89690 SAME ENTRY FOR BOTH DAYS try to arrive no later than 9.45 both days. Now I will butt out and my appologies to Fraser for the unwarranted intrusion. BASH. Possibly Smithy will add a location map as previously if he aint to angry with me I will go back to my LANDROVER AREA and try to keep a low profile

Comment

Originally posted by BASHER
              Now I will butt out and my appologies to Fraser for the unwarranted intrusion. BASH. Possibly Smithy will add a location map as previously if he aint to angry with me I will go back to my LANDROVER AREA and try to keep a low profile
              I just deleted my post to save any confusion. But it never worked

So this is the thread where it's all happeneng folks.
              Not sure about the map thingy Ian

Comment

so whos going then,

dave--no
                nik-- maybe
                smithy--?
                me and henry--?

cheers scotty

Comment

Map

Where the meeting point is............................ .............................. ......

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                    so whos going then,

dave--no
                    nik-- maybe
                    smithy--?
                    me and henry--?

cheers scotty
                    Theres usually a good selections of vehicles not just Surfs. Mostly LR's but we outnumbered them last time.

Dave-No.
                    Nik-Maybe.
                    Me- At least one day.
                    Jeff-Think he'll be up for it somehow.
                    Iain-He was there last time and time beore that,i'll e mail him.
                    John-He stays in the Gilp and was at last drive i'll call him.
                    Scotty and Henry- They know they want to

If you check out the pics and reports from last outing it'll give you an idea of what it's like.

Cheers,fraser.

Oh,you done the turbo mod yet????
                    Last edited by smiffy; 2 May 2007, 20:37.

Comment

i've still to ok it with the missus, letting the dust settle after the weekend, after going home for 5 mins and then going out the door with a tent under my arm

henry is already there.

turbo mod;;was going to wait untill lochgilphead and get someone that knows what they are doing to do it

cheers scotty

Comment

Surf trip

Just putting feelers out but would anybody fancy driving up with me from Lancashire? Depart friday afternoon/evening, camping/sleeping in vehicle, doing the saturday session, camping sat. night and departing to drive back to Lancashire sunday morning? (Please note this is not a commitment from me as yet just thinking out loud!)
                        cheers,
                        chris