Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salisbury Campout 2007

Hi All,

Sorry I havent been around for a while, but I'm back to announce the 2007 Salisbury Campout.

Provisional dates are the Bank Holiday Weekend of 6th and 7th May

Unfortunately I cant do the Saturday as I have other commitments

I'll have to limit the number of vehicles to 20 for now but as you can bring as many occupants as you can physically fit in your trucks! This is on a first come first serve basis.

After the last two years failed attempts by the pub to organise food, it'll be a BBQ on the camp site with either your own beer or carry a pint across the road from the pub!

Camping is £10 per pitch all of which goes to charity.

Most of you have seen photos or attended Salisbury before and know its a mixture of stuff, none of which is truck damaging (driver permitting!). I'm looking at some new routes this year to find a bit of extra challenge too.

Looking forward to it already!
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Glad to hear your back in the land of the Living Danno..... ya was missed !!!

(Which I'm sure can't be said of the Pub Catering), Self catering was more successfull & Fun (hey Rick) & a Beer takeaway was excellent !!
    Good on ya Bud

ps We'll bring some Cheescake ............

oops forgot ....Better book us Two, Danno

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 26 February 2007, 13:57.
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Will it suitable for beginners, is it all on legal byways or private land???

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by DitchCrawler
        Will it suitable for beginners, is it all on legal byways or private land???

Paul
        It's perfectly suitable for beginners (as long as you don't follow Woodzie, or let Danno drive your truck), Salisbury Plains was my second off road outing in my truck, and she manadged it with only a broken front number plate.
        The plains are all legal byways, so you'll need MOT, Tax, and insurance. Most off all it's just a damded good laugh (especially if someone manages to get stuck, see picture below).

Danno I'll check my rota tonight, and let you know if I'll be there.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

That photo will haunt me! Lol!

Very suitable for beginners and experienced alike. Nothing overly technical or damaging, and if you dont like whats coming up theres always an easy route round!
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

That looks like my truck?!? just so you know danno its still covered in mud! But not from then . And its going lovley (at the mo!)
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Yes is the answer to your pm i will attend and help But will give the camping a miss as only just down the road
              Note to self .......Behave as going to wales the weekend after

OH and that occurance from the other side
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

would it be alright if i could come on the monday as i have other commitments on the sunday if that is ok please let me know where to meet up with you like rv points and times.
                cheers shaun
                NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

can i come just for the off roading as i've not been yet? if so which day will it be on? and where would i meet everyone?

thanks

Comment

Off Roading at salisbury is amazing!! Its where i went for my first run!

Poor danno and jotto had to lead me around while i made a mess of things

Im very interested in tagging along but probably only for the sunday might do the camp out! always wanted to sleep in the back of me surf

Comment

yes please - hopefully we'll be back from hols by then - but awaiting work re date confirmation

Linda and Tony in one of the surfs (hopefully something in 1 piece this time...)

PS - please confirm there will be no accidents on A303 this time ....
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

can i come please. possibly only on monday unless i can sweet talk the misses into booking a day off. wont be camping only live a bit away from woodzie (must have been bad in a previous life)
                        Working at last.......

Comment

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! !!

I'm working that entire weekend , so won't be able to join you
                          So I expect plenty of photos so I know what I've missed.
                          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Is there room for two more in one truck?? (as long as it gets back from Morrocco that is) Paul & Jeanette

Paul

Comment

@Ditchcrawler yes, as many as you want in one truck!

@ Sledge, camping is optional, you can either follow me up or make your own way, I'll be posting a map anyway

@Anyone who wants just to come one day then thats fine

So far (C=Camping M=Monday Only S=Sunday Only)

Surferjess C
                              Woodzie
                              Surfboy Shaun M
                              Sledge
                              Rod Leach C
                              Tony & Linda C
                              Lurch M
                              DitchCrawler C
                              I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Working...
                              X