yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welsh off road expedition - Run To The Hills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit to the campsite.

Hello,

Today, me and Linda visited the campsite in Llandovery that we will be using.

It is excellent - clean, lovely new shower/toilet block and close to the town.

It is called Erwlon, they don't have a website yet, but if you google the name it will come up with a load of hits - all comments I have read are very positive.

It will be £11 per night per tent (max 4 per tent then a couple of quid per person if more than 4).

I met the owner and he is happy to keep a part of his field aside so we will all be together. The same family have run the site for over 50 years so they must be doing something right!
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
      Hello,

Today, me and Linda visited the campsite in Llandovery that we will be using.

It is excellent - clean, lovely new shower/toilet block and close to the town.

It is called Erwlon, they don't have a website yet, but if you google the name it will come up with a load of hits - all comments I have read are very positive.

It will be £11 per night per tent (max 4 per tent then a couple of quid per person if more than 4).

I met the owner and he is happy to keep a part of his field aside so we will all be together. The same family have run the site for over 50 years so they must be doing something right!
      perrrrrrrrrrfect well done Lovely Boyo crackin site "are bbq allowed"?
      zacco

Comment

Originally posted by zacco hilux ssx 2.5td 91
        "are bbq allowed"?
        BBQ allowed.

They are trying to build a covered area before the season gets under way so the campers can barbie to their hearts content!

There is a Somerfield about 1/4 mile away and the nearest pub is about 1/2 mile away. There's about 5 other pubs in the centre of town, less than a mile from the site.

Comment

BBQ allowed.

They are trying to build a covered area before the season gets under way so the campers can barbie to their hearts content!

There is a Somerfield about 1/4 mile away and the nearest pub is about 1/2 mile away. There's about 5 other pubs in the centre of town, less than a mile from the site.
          i cant think of nowt else for campin well done lovely boyo
          zacco

Comment

Hello

Just a quick bump to let you all know what's happening.

I have received an email from Peter Rees, the owner of Erwlon Campsite. He has confirmed that we are a GO for the 11th and 12th May for the

Hilux Surf 2007 Run to the Hills

Eeeek - I'm getting quite excited! (ewww, the very thought!)

Comment

Sort of shameless bump!

All's well for the Run to the Hills 2007

Other than that - be cool.....

Comment

Sort of shameless bump!

All's well for the Run to the Hills 2007

Other than that - be cool.....
                Hows the beer tonight matey? Your hippy-half is showing tonight

I might bring an electric aerobatic plane with me - a bit of entertainment in the evening before I hit the beer!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  Hows the beer tonight matey? Your hippy-half is showing tonight

I might bring an electric aerobatic plane with me - a bit of entertainment in the evening
                  The kids will love watching that
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                    The kids will love watching that
                    Well I have a cheap F3A type (dedicated aerobatic type) and a scaleish concorde. My mate has an F3U Corsair (WW2 US fighter) and a DC3 Dakota - all electric and therefore quiet so not annoying other campers. If we can find a bit of empty space maybe we can put on a bit of a pre-beer airshow...

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache
                      Well I have a cheap F3A type (dedicated aerobatic type) and a scaleish concorde. My mate has an F3U Corsair (WW2 US fighter) and a DC3 Dakota - all electric and therefore quiet so not annoying other campers. If we can find a bit of empty space maybe we can put on a bit of a pre-beer airshow...

Oh no, give a flying display AFTER mucho beer, turn it into a stunt show!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Oh no, give a flying display AFTER mucho beer, turn it into a stunt show!!!!!!!
                        Dont want to spoil anyone's weekend. It might be awkward doing the rest of the green lanes with a propeller sticking out of your forehead

Comment

• back on the road

Hi all , back on the road prop fixed any chance to join you all on this one, is this the one you were on about andy mac pmage.

Comment

• PLEASE - No others on the definite list - anyone else wanting to come please put your name in the 'Interested' section. Two goups of 5/6 is plenty

Definite (ish)
                            1 Lovely Boyo & Linda
                            2 Bushwacker & Jo. + two friends in a Discovery, (sorry!)
                            3 TonyN & Linda
                            4 Apache & a mate or two - them camping / me in back of truck probably.
                            5 Rob
                            6 vatchman and shirlster
                            7 Zacco Hilux ssx 4
                            8 Osker
                            9 Tomme Surf + wife
                            10 Woodzie+melons+ the dreaded splinters
                            11 Summinelse plus good lady plus guests

Interested (subject to shifts/emigration etc)
                            1 Dave.j.Robbo + LR mate
                            2 Andrewlee31
                            3 Paul Major

Heapy has had to drop out - he's gone to Canada on contract (lucky get!)
                            Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 2 March 2007, 10:38.

Comment

• Hi Andy,

Paul's a good mate of mine - with a love of real beer you'll appreciate! Put him on the standby list if no more places on the main list. Cheers

Comment

• Less that two months to go .....Can't wait
                                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                                X