yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welsh off road expedition - Run To The Hills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

definatly not a good idea to go in a large convoy. we usually lane in groups no bigger than 5, and 4 is the norm. dont want to upset the bobblies and the farmers. and give them any more ammo to fire at us.

use 2 or 3 leaders with about 15 mins inbetween.

just my tuppence worth.
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
      definatly not a good idea to go in a large convoy. we usually lane in groups no bigger than 5, and 4 is the norm. dont want to upset the bobblies and the farmers. and give them any more ammo to fire at us.

use 2 or 3 leaders with about 15 mins inbetween.

just my tuppence worth.
      Any chance of the O/S landranger map numbers so i can get them

BTW limit the numbers now or you will have the same headache i had at christmas
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

looks like im free anyway, so put me and clare down. how many people have cb's??
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          I am still getting new strops ......Just in case
          and ill make sure that i fit some new BIG shackles.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

looks like im free anyway, so put me and clare down. how many people have cb's??
            ME
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

if we are going in seperate groups, might be worth having at least one cb in each, to advise of potential cellar victims... and make sure everyone can get a good photo!
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

especially if its vince........

ill get me coat
                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

if we are going in seperate groups, might be worth having at least one cb in each, to advise of potential cellar victims... and make sure everyone can get a good photo!
                  For the route yes .....CELLAR Victims NO
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

This is the list of who's going to Wales offroading

PLEASE - No others on the definite list - anyone else wanting to come please put your name in the 'Interested' section. Two goups of 5/6 is plenty

Definite (ish)
                    1 Lovely Boyo & Linda
                    2 Bushwacker & Jo. + two friends in a Discovery, (sorry!)
                    3 TonyN & Linda
                    4 Apache & a mate or two - them camping / me in back of truck probably.
                    5 Rob
                    6 vatchman and shirlster
                    7 Zacco Hilux ssx 4
                    8 Osker
                    9 Tomme Surf + wife
                    10 Woodzie+melons+ the dreaded splinters
                    11 Summinelse plus good lady plus guests

Interested (subject to shifts/emigration etc)
                    1 Heapy
                    2 Dave.j.Robbo + LR mate
                    3 Andrewlee31
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

hello lovely boyo for our little expedition i would like to get an o/s map to mark down the route we do out of interest ( wish id done that at salisbury ) so if poss could u let me know what o/s map you are using so i can get the same typo thing so i can get the route down. as i got work mates who do a lot of dirt biking, and was asking me where were gonna go as they have been there a few times, this way i can show em. ps they tell me strata florida is ace viewing around there so im looking forward to that.

Comment

Originally posted by summinelse
                        hello lovely boyo for our little expedition i would like to get an o/s map to mark down the route we do out of interest ( wish id done that at salisbury ) so if poss could u let me know what o/s map you are using so i can get the same typo thing so i can get the route down. as i got work mates who do a lot of dirt biking, and was asking me where were gonna go as they have been there a few times, this way i can show em. ps they tell me strata florida is ace viewing around there so im looking forward to that.
                        This is the info Andrew sent me........

Its on the border of maps 146 and 147.

I purchased one of their Select maps - only took a day to be delivered.

I centered it on Llanwrtyd Wells and it was a good un.

The route for the Saturday will be Llanwrtyd Wells, Abergwesyn, legal by way to Strata Florida Abbey, then a choice - the shinies can come with me via the scenic route to Tregaron, Llyn Brianne Reservoir (two pub) and the nutters can go back down the by way then go to Llyn Brianne.
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

never looked into o/s maps much i see what u mean about the select maps a wee more expensive but it cover the split between the two maps and looks good as a single route planner. (ps what scale did you get )
                          hmm i am by rights a shinny mod less 3rd gen owner but i wanna be a bit more adventurous , but i dont , oh you get the idea lol but i do wanna do sumfing where i might get a wee bit stuck if unlucky, so should i stay away from nutters route and heed your advice and go the shinny route hmm. ps i just googled Llyn Brianne and it came up with among things a spill way, so whose gonna try driving up that then

Comment

Hello,

I got the 50,000 scale - it shows the route in enough detail. I centered it on Llan Wells coz it shows a lot of the western part of Eppynt as well (for future treks).

The route will be OK for shinies. Along the route there are (but just to the side of it) a series of 'challenges' for the you to try if you want to.

I'm not saying you won't nudge a bash plate but you shouldn't get stuck or damage your truck if you stay on the main track.

I drove it last Friday on road tyres and was fine.
                            Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 7 February 2007, 12:20.

Comment

Hey Andy, you should get out on those lanes today! I bet the view would be awesome!
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                                Hey Andy, you should get out on those lanes today! I bet the view would be awesome!
                                Now that's truely wierd.

I'm in Welshpool at the mo and I'm thinking 'Mmmm, why don't I just leave now and ooopsies just find myself driving down the Strata Florida!!!!!!

It's only about 30 miles from here.

Pipe dreams I think - my off road tyres are 200kms to the south in my garage.

Comment

Working...
                                X